All times are UTC

It is currently Tue Jul 02, 2024 2:42 pm

Post subject: Help with high elves
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:19 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Hi!

I made a post earlier if I should pick harad or wood elves, but none of the armies happened. Instead my mind has changed to high elves! I really like their heroes, armour etc etc.

But how the morgoth do I build a good high elven list without needing to sell my whole house? The shield and spearsmen is really expensive, only coming 4 in one package... Any ideas? Can a high elven army be good without the spears and shields? Or should I try to convert soldiers with swords to save money?

Xore

Post subject: Re: Help with high elves
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:36 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

I could also take some troops froms the Lothlorien and Mirkwood list too. I'm only going to play with friends and they don't mind if I mix the lists. :-D

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:41 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

You could check eBay as there are frequently lots of plastic high elves for sale in large batches of 20-30 or even bigger, and they usually go for a good reasonable price. That'll give you all the archers that would you need, and if you want to convert some of the elves with blades, just start cutting up the arms to re-position them slightly, and then as long as you have one metal high elf shield already, you could make your own simple elf shields using green stuff and instant mold - there are several really good tutorials on YouTube on how to do this...

Another option would be checking the trading post here on this site looking for anyone who is looking to swap metal high elves. You may have some luck there, if you've got some items of your own that you're willing to swap.

Hope this helps, and good luck ! :)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:25 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

I have actually not thought about ebay at all. I will check the site :) So I can reposition the arms? I gotta try that. I will defiently try to learn to use green stuff, thanks for the advices! It helped! :-D I don't have so many models to swap with but I could try :)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:10 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

What is your goal with High Elves? Are you talking a strict High elf army? I am building a last alliance army right now. I found a bunch of cheap warriors of numenor and elf warriors on ebay. I am going to use shields from the galadrhim warriors set (thank you blue stuff) so I can outfit my elves as the front line fighters (to get that big D6) and support them with numenorians. It is a little unconventional as the force has no spears currently, I plan to build that up slowly over time. What I say, is come up with a purchase/trade plan and exercise a lot of discipline.
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:50 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

My goal is to build a nice looking army, getting the biggest, most fun heroes and a one that can actually win so I don't just get smashed every game I play. I believe I need the shields and spears for that though. X)

I have been researching the green stuff and it does look nice - but I think I will just buy the "original models" for now. Maybe GW will release some new high elven models soon? ;)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:47 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Case solved everyone. :-D

I'm going to buy instant molds and green stuff to produce my own shields. Thanks for the advices!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:49 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Check green stuff world. They sell blue stuff aka instant mold.