All times are UTC

It is currently Sun Jul 07, 2024 9:42 am

Post subject: Haradrim 920pt List
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 5:36 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I am hoping to start a new haradrim army in the near future (going on how much this is going to cost). I will mostly be playing Easterlings
and damn dwarves :x . But I also want an army that has a decent shot at winning tournaments. I would like to get your thoughts and suggestions:
Warband 1- 264pts.
Haradrim Raiders led by the Bretrayer

Warband 2- 216pts
The Gold King of Harad, 6 Merchant Guard,6 Black Numenorean

Warband 3- 282pts.
8 Half Trolls, 4 Watchers of Karna, Chieften.

Warband 4- 158pts
Mahud Warriors, Chieften

Total: 920pts
Thoughts? Am I crazy with mostly expensive metal models?

Post subject: Re: Haradrim 920pt List
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 5:54 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Eh just a few questions which don't help you especially making this army. So if my questions are foolish, please forgive me.

Why 920p army? Do you have a game group where people use especially 920p? In my country 500p is most common, after that 600. Lastly 750 or 800p. ^^

Some warbands are a bit unclarified. How many haradrim raiders, how many mahud warriors? Any mentionable items? More accurazy might help to answer.

Metal? I wish it was still metal, but it's not... :(
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 6:00 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Salattu wrote:
Eh just a few questions which don't help you especially making this army. So if my questions are foolish, please forgive me.

Why 920p army? Do you have a game group where people use especially 920p? In my country 500p is most common, after that 600. Lastly 750 or 800p. ^^

Some warbands are a bit unclarified. How many haradrim raiders, how many mahud warriors? Any mentionable items? More accurazy might help to answer.

Metal? I wish it was still metal, but it's not... :(

All warbands are 13 models except for the raiders at 7. The group I usually play with go for about 750 Pts. I hope to figure out how to get another 40 Pts but for now I wanted to get opinions of my list so far. Is it not half metal?

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 6:25 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Well I meant with metal, nowadays gw makes most units in plastic of one or another kind... I so much liked metal more. Anyways sorry, let's now move to the topic itself.

So. Your army has a lot good units. Half trolls are super good for their price. Nice 2 handed users. King with 4 attacks and 2h (no minus) is good damager, if just has a support. These few archers are ok, there could be a lot archers in this army as haradrim has cheap and awesome archers.

Betrayer is lovely. Shame your army doesn't seem to have that much poison users as it could. Maybe u could replace haradrim riders with serpent riders to get more poisons? You could also spread the riders more around army, so they could aid a bit here and there. And also add those archers.

It might also be worth to think to make army a bit less diversity. As at this moment it has a bit of everything and it's very chaotic!
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 8:07 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Thanks, I might consider serpent raiders. It would add a few extra points as swell. I suppose it's a bit all over the place with diffrent units, but my friends over powered and and unbalanced dwarves and elves (from the hobbit that is) need to be matched with something stronger that simple Harad Warriers.While the more elite units should last and deal with them longer. Thanks for the advice.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 8:17 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Does gw sell serpent raiders anymore?