All times are UTC

It is currently Wed Oct 09, 2024 5:26 pm

Post subject: help with paints!!!!!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:16 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

hi boyz i'm new lotr and i want help with paints.
i have buy the paints that mines of moria book shows me and because i dont know which heroes or army of lotr i will buy later i would like to help me and tell me which colours are most common and are used more..
I'm asking because i want to order from internet (i am from greece)
 Post subject: Re: help with paints!!!!!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:31 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Hello and welcome to one ring!

If you have mines of moria starter set already, I suggest starting with the mines of moria paint set. This will give you a nice variety of colours and should be enough to get your models decently painted. One note, you will probably need more base colour coat a little later on. Most people prime their models with black (chaos black) and then put the paints on though others prefer white (skull white). Different base coats generally need different painting techniques. So I suggest starting with Mines of Moria paint set and if you need any more colours, these are the ones that are commonly used outside the paint set.

Bestial Brown
Bleached Bone
Dwarf flesh (you'll need this if you want to paint your fellowship)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:04 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

thank you for your advice but i have these three colours also. so, is there anything else from colours that i have to order?
For the base colour i want your advice,i have order Primer grey colour(vallejo). is it good for base colour?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:10 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

i've never used grey primer but i have seen a painting guide done with grey priming (think it was about the Citadel spray gun/how to use it) so it should still work.
on the subject of what colours you get i would usually look for the name of the colour in the paints name and see what your army needs, IE if you have lots of metal armour get boltgun metal, or if you have cloaks you want to paint blue then get a paint that has the word blue on it. also try to get 2 paints for each colour (dark base colour and highlight) if you do that you can't go far wrong
also i would try to get devlan mud wash, IMO it is very good for adding depth to a model quickly and easily

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:25 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

evilatmind wrote:
i've never used grey primer but i have seen a painting guide done with grey priming (think it was about the Citadel spray gun/how to use it) so it should still work.
on the subject of what colours you get i would usually look for the name of the colour in the paints name and see what your army needs, IE if you have lots of metal armour get boltgun metal, or if you have cloaks you want to paint blue then get a paint that has the word blue on it. also try to get 2 paints for each colour (dark base colour and highlight) if you do that you can't go far wrong
also i would try to get devlan mud wash, IMO it is very good for adding depth to a model quickly and easily

Look at the date of the previous post ;). The thread is pretty dead now and your post most times won't get read by the author. Don't worry, everyone makes the mistake.