All times are UTC

It is currently Thu Oct 03, 2024 4:33 am

Post subject: Senerios - Mines of Moria
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:42 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I am wondering if someone could give me a brief rundown on the senerios in Mines of Moria. I am just looking for "who's playing", "general special rules", any other necessary information.

A friend has lent me the rule book (while I wait for the new box set and search for Mines). I am going to proxy the Char's and play some matches, it is going to be Brettonians vs skaven. I am going to use all Lotr stats, damsels as hobbits, knights on foot, men @ arms and archers as the fellowship.

I can always make up my own senerio's but I would like to try the box ones first since I heard they were good for learning and ok balanced.

Any help is appreciated

Thanks
 Post subject: Re: Senerios - Mines of Moria
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:29 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

If your friend lent you the big hardback book, there is a scenario on page 70 that is the same as the first scenario in the Mines of Moria. Other than that I can't help you I'm afraid, those books have long disappeared...
 Post subject: Re: Senarios - Mines of Moria
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:27 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Unfortunately it is the old Return of the King rule book, I know that some of the stat lines will be out of date but for learning I'm not really concerned about that. I am really looking for any senario's that will play with a small amount of characters (for learning)

I do remember that White Dwarf had a couple ones over the last year that I am going to try to find this afternoon. I have some vamp count wraiths they will sub in good for Ringwratihs,

One was an ambush at the camp site with RingWraiths, I have some vamp count wraiths they will sub in good for Ringwratihs.

I am sure that was a couple more in White Dwarf over the last couple years

Push come to shove I will just have to make some up myself.

Cheers

Last edited by AcasualDream on Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 Post subject: Re: Senerios - Mines of Moria
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:39 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

I don't have the Mines of Moria box myself, but I have played through the scenarios when they were on the MoM website. They used Fellowship without heroic stats (MWF) and special rules, just like regular warriors but with higher stats.

The first scenario was about learning to move and shoot, had the Fellowship dashing through a few goblins shooting at them, no charging allowed. Silly scenario. :-)

The second one was about learning the fight phase, Aragorn trying to break through a few goblins.

Third one combined move, shoot and fight, the rest of the Fellowship fighting many goblins. Aragorn was available as a reinforcement at some point, if I remember correctly.

Fourth one had all models on table, Fellowship vs. all 24 goblins and troll, and goblins had some reinforcement rule, like coming through some hatches on the floor, which the fellowship could close. Gandalf had his first spell available in this one.

Vague memories, but you can probably construct something similar; the main point in MoM scenarios was to introduce the rules gradually and skip all the heroic stuff.

-- Pasi