All times are UTC

It is currently Fri Oct 04, 2024 9:11 pm

Post subject: Eregion and Rivendell Questions
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:00 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

A few months ago I found some of the old boxes of the 24 plastic miniatures of the Wood Elves and Last Alliance box sets and grabbed them with the intention of collecting a force to play along side of a friend (It appears that Las Vegas has almost no one who plays LOTR but that might change with the Hobbit). Sense then I went a head and bought the Mines of Moria starter set even thought I knew the Hobbit was coming out but I wanted the fellowship and goblins. I figured it would be a starting point to build a goblin army from. Sense then I've bought 2x "High Elf" Commands, 8 Spearmen, Glorfindel Lord of the West and Erestor with my next planned purchase to be Gildor. Sense I'm new to the game I've run into a few questions while going through the Free Peoples book and the small rule manual that came with MoM (I've been reading several of your threads about the changes in the new one but haven't brought myself around to spending so much money on the new rules).

First being: Glorfindel's Armour of Gondolin gives him resistant to magic, does this work the same way as hobbit magic resistance? And is that one free dice per spell cast on him or one free dice without the spending of will once per turn?

Second: Can Elladan and Elrohir each command a warband or is it that they command one together?

Third: Is the Surviving brother always reduced to 4 defense even if they are given heavy armor or is the defense only reduced by 1 point?

And Fourth: If you have Gildor as one of your heroes you can take wood elves to represent his Noldor Exiles, does this mean I can only take a maximum of 12 Noldor Exiles or can I have multiple warbands of them?

Thank you for your times and any help that you can provide.
 Post subject: Re: Eregion and Rivendell Questions
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:08 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Hi, welcome, I hope you find some opponents :) You might have to do what I do, and build both sides, then host and ref for your friends. Anyway, here's some answers:

1) Same as the Hobbit. It only kicks in when he's out of Will, he doesn't get a free one per turn.
2) Command one together. One is the leader, the other is one of the other 12.
3) I believe it's 1 point (not sure about that).
4) As many as you like.
 Post subject: Re: Eregion and Rivendell Questions
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:19 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

whafrog wrote:
Hi, welcome, I hope you find some opponents :) You might have to do what I do, and build both sides, then host and ref for your friends. Anyway, here's some answers:

1) Same as the Hobbit. It only kicks in when he's out of Will, he doesn't get a free one per turn.
2) Command one together. One is the leader, the other is one of the other 12.
3) I believe it's 1 point (not sure about that).
4) As many as you like.

Thanks for the answers. I took into account the possibility of hosting and refereeing when I bought the goblins, I thought it might be cool to build a force around the Gundabad and reinforce them with the Moria goblins, as well as giving me a force that I can lend out and/or switch between with other people.