All times are UTC

It is currently Thu Jun 27, 2024 9:22 pm

Post subject: Gimli is trapped...
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:50 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

I got these questions in a PM and thought others would like to know the answers:

Quote:
Scenario: Gimili is surrounded by three equidistant goblins. Gimili is trapped.

1) Do you get double the amount of dice (6 in total) for roll to win combat AND roll to wound?

2) In order for the goblins to wound Gimili, they need to roll a 6 followed by a 4+. How does that work with multiple attacks?

So, I’ll roll 6 dice and I end up getting 2 6’s from the roll. How many dice would I roll to get that 4+ to wound?

AKA Does the trapped strike bonus count towards the second half of the requirement to wound? Sorry if that sounds confusing

1) No, just the roll to wound, but it's not so much double the dice to wound as it is that each attack has 2 chances to wound. Subtle but important distinction.

2) It's better at first if you keep track of the dice for each chance to wound. So the three goblins roll 2 dice each. If a die comes up a 6, roll it again and hope to get a 4.
Technically, in this particular case, you can roll 6 dice, pick out any 6s and roll them again to get 4s. But there will be cases with multiple opponents (say you're cavalry and you knocked down two warriors, which has the same effect as trapped) where you need to keep track of each chance to wound and who it's being applied to.