All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Oct 05, 2024 10:39 pm

Post subject: Re: Bow limits for army's
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:50 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Bronf wrote:
thats rather silly they should include it in the damn source books. it makes arguments and annoyance's -_- im rather annoyed with this and really want a good damn reason (sorry for sounding angry)

They only made the change with the release of the Hobbit rules. They probably figured the nerf to shoot-and-move was enough to allow different bow limits. Several other armies had their bow limits changed in that FAQ.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:25 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

i cant really follow that rule since i only want to be only following the rues to the books not from a FAQ. its unprofessional if they are going to be doing that and it saying to me ya pay 55 bucks for our book that details the army and over 100 for the rules oh but we will be changing some online wasting some of the value. i'm not going to accept that.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:36 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

The FAQ is just to clarify some rules that are printed inside the book. Or to make adjustments cause some things didn't explain it how they should.
I think it's a great addition cause if they weren't there we'd have some problems with the rules (also the Questions and Answer part is also good to read through if you have time)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:37 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Then don't play the game. FAQs bring balance to the game. And I think people will 'refuse' to play you if you take that attitude. They are doing something perfectly legal. Stop throwing your toys out the pram, at least the FAQs are free. GW could make you pay for them.

Mid Sussex Wargamers
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:42 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

clarifying rules are fine by me but adding rules is not something that can be taken lightly. when im in a game im going to see the books not the internet and im not going to have a computer RIGHT next to me while playing. a FAQ means frequently asked questions not we add rules to the game and change things. i feel im being cheated out of the money i pay for their books.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:44 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Print them off? Plus, think of it as them 'adding' rules for free ;) I have to say, you're in a minority not liking the FAQd bow limits. Went down very well in the wider community.

Mid Sussex Wargamers
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:44 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

SouthernDunedain wrote:
Then don't play the game. FAQs bring balance to the game. And I think people will 'refuse' to play you if you take that attitude. They are doing something perfectly legal. Stop throwing your toys out the pram, at least the FAQs are free. GW could make you pay for them.

im just gonna ignore this since it not relating to the topic
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:46 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

SouthernDunedain wrote:
Print them off? Plus, think of it as them 'adding' rules for free ;) I have to say, you're in a minority not liking the FAQd bow limits. Went down very well in the wider community.

dont got a printer and also adding paper to books riunes them for me and they end up lost if i let them out of some sort of holder. its not just the bow limit its the other change's as well. i read other "changes" and its kinda a big deal with me. in game i'm going to see the books reference's not the internet.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:52 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Bronf wrote:
clarifying rules are fine by me but adding rules is not something that can be taken lightly.

The Riders of Rohan FAQ ruling was precisely introduced to clarify a rules question so it should be fine with you.

Before the FAQ players were confused about how they could use Riders of Rohan as every model was modelled with a bow. GW clarified this by giving ROR a 100% bow limit.

I really don't understand any anger or frustration about the presence of FAQs. The sourcebooks were released two years ago and there has since been a major overhaul of the rules; things would be a lot worse had GW not provided a free and regular service answering questions from the community. A service that in this day and age 95% of players can access from their phones wherever they are. You're not being cheated out of anything, you're being given something extra for free.

Free SBG fanzine: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=29569
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:00 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

i dont really find how its confusing. 33 can only be riders of rohan. there are 2 other mounted units that rohan can take to supply more cav. i cant see any confusion with it. and ill explain how i feel like i'm being cheated. i bought the books to i can follow the rules. i expect the the big rule book to be the rules of the game while the source books are detailing extra rules that the army can look over. so with that i paid for these with my money. but if a FAQ decides to change that i lost value in the product i paid for. this is why i'm not happy with what is done. nothing stopping them for realizing a new source book i don't mind them doing that at all since i can buy those books.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:13 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Your loss :roll:

Mid Sussex Wargamers
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:16 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

i cant see why its a loss.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:35 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Bronf wrote:
ill explain how i feel like i'm being cheated. i bought the books to i can follow the rules...if a FAQ decides to change that i lost value in the product i paid for...nothing stopping them for realizing a new source book i don't mind them doing that at all since i can buy those books.

So you feel like you're being cheated when GW releases free updates to your sourcebook but you'd be willing to pay money if they released a new book and charged you for the same update?

You may well be being sincere here but this sort of post just makes it sound like you're trolling so after this I'm out.

The FAQs are an official part of the SBG rules, like them or not they're part of the game. Your original question has been answered. 100% bow ROR or GC armies are far from overpowered, there are many players on these forums that would be more than happy to help to devise ways to beat them with your Moria list if you ask without constantly complaining about the rules

Free SBG fanzine: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=29569
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:40 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

dont compere me to a troll i dislike them. and i cant find them as a part of the official rules.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:05 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Bronf I understand your frustration here, I get it, but the faq are only brought out to iron out balance issues in the game.
Think of it this way the when you buy the latest set of rules and a few months later the faq comes out, if they just released another identical set of rules straight after that but including the faq at the same price as your previous version; would you not be annoyed then, effectively doubling the amount of money you spend, and not actually coming up with anything "new"!?
I would!
Basically if I were you(and I'm not :) ) I would keep up to date with the faq,(we try our best to keep everyone informed here) and instead of worrying about adding pages, or smartphones/laptops just look up all the rules, especially concerning your faction write them on a post it and stick em in your sourcebook.
Concerning GW, one must remember, they are out to make money, that means deadlines, and to top it off they're not writing flawless novels here, there is room for mistakes there, and the game is a flowing evolving thing.
You can take or leave my advise, that's up to you, just remember we're here to help :)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:23 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Some added rules were simply those they forgot to add it (copy-pasting from a previous edition can be difficult, it seems). This means that the most up-to-date profiles deviate fromt he printed ones.. but they should always have been that way. Would you not allow Gandalf the White to have sorcerous blast? Eorl the Young can't have his D7?

Also note how it's not like FAQs are released every other day: the last update was in april this year, for others december last year. If your opponent claims something, you should be able to personally check it in a rulebook or the printed FAQ that your opponent should be able to provide.