All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 5:22 pm

Post subject: Three things to confirm (dumb)
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:58 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Hi
I have two things I just want to confirm, and yes, it is stupid questions.
1) I don't have the new Fallen Realms book, but I know that the Mûmak is a monstrous mount. So if mounted Aragorn charges the Mûmak, he does not gain the Extra Attack bonus, right? That's how we played it anyway.
2) The rules say that pikes can only give support if they are behind the model they want to support or another model who already supports that model, acting like a spear or giving a total of +2 Attacks. So this is impossible, right?
P-B-S
P=pikeman, B=banner bearer, S=shieldman. The shieldman would not gain +1 Attack for the pikeman, because the banner bearer do not give support. I am just pretty sure I once saw somebody tell that it was possible...
3) If a Hero with 2H weapon rolls a 6 in a fight, he will still lose to an enemy who also rolls 6, even if he has Might, right?

By the way, I just noticed a mistake in the Kingdoms of Men book, that at least I think it is a little funny.The Citadel Guard and Guard of the Fountain Court can choose a Hero of Gondor for their Bodyguard rule, but as no Gondor list exists, their Bodyguard has no effect :-D but we know what they mean.

Last edited by Elessar Telcontar on Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
 Post subject: Re: Two things to confirm (dumb)
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:11 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Elessar Telcontar wrote:
Hi
I have two things I just want to confirm, and yes, it is stupid questions.
1) I don't have the new Fallen Realms book, but I know that the Mûmak is a monstrous mount. So if mounted Aragorn charges the Mûmak, he does not gain the Extra Attack bonus, right? That's how we played it anyway.
2) The rules say that pikes can only give support if they are behind the model they want to support or another model who already supports that model, acting like a spear or giving a total of +2 Attacks. So this is impossible, right?
P-B-S
P=pikeman, B=banner bearer, S=shieldman. The shieldman would not gain +1 Attack for the pikeman, because the banner bearer do not give support. I am just pretty sure I once saw somebody tell that it was possible...

By the way, I just noticed a mistake in the Kingdoms of Men book, that at least I think it is a little funny.The Citadel Guard and Guard of the Fountain Court can choose a Hero of Gondor for their Bodyguard rule, but as no Gondor list exists, their Bodyguard has no effect :-D but we know what they mean.

Both right, that's why I put bannerman in the pike-row of my formations(but spears from shamans COUNT as spears, so don't make a mistake in that).

Post subject: Re: Three things to confirm (dumb)
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:41 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

1: Correct
2: Correct, but you can go B-P-P-S, giving the shieldman 2 extra attacks and a reroll. This is a decent way of using a banner, as you can give rerolls to around 4 guys. If you position it just right I think you can get it up to 6 guys, though your opponent may or may not agree.
3: The hero can use might to bump it back up to a 6.

Post subject: Re: Three things to confirm (dumb)
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:21 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Thank you very much both of you.