All times are UTC

It is currently Sun Jun 23, 2024 2:58 am

Post subject: Siege Tactics
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:30 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Upcoming sunday me and my brother are playing a siege in SBG, as a big bang (well, quite small compared to the WOTR battle afterwards...) at the end of our Blood and Sand campaign.

We've played it mainly as it says in WD, only using alternate armies, and less players. This worked like a charm until this month, were we had to tweak quite a lot of rules, but it wasn't a big issue.

As for a change the good side is the one who has to take the fort. I play dwarves, my ally plays elves. Our opponents have a easterling/corsair force and a goblin army. In the SBG battles it already became quite clear that our opponents armies had a big numerical advantage. furthermore the goblin player has a shade, which was rather annoying. The easterling has Amdur, which not only has the same F as our heroes, but also counts as a banner.

Main points of my army are 4 iron guard, a banner, gimli and balin /w axe.
Main points of my ally are a banner and 2 elf captains.

As written in the WD we can use our campaign points to buy upgrades, which we tweaked a bit to suit our armies better. key points remaind the same, we can get more numbers, or some siege equipment.

The goal of the scenario is to control 4 towers on the wall.

Now you know all the Information, i'd like to know you're opinion on how I should takle this. I'm mostly intrested in tactics, as theres little i can do about the army lists at this point, and especially at our situation, as described above.

So, fire away, any and all help is appreciated

8) :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:57 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

First don't be afraid of the shade he can't climb stairs and most walls are 6" tall so you are almost always out of range :D

Siege is difficult but defending points is a easy victory condition for a defender. There are 4 points you must defend and you have 4 hero's see the point? Most of your heros are very strong and have fight 6 higer then most enemy's only amdur haves the same but it is easy for you to avoid amdur just keep throwing your cheapest warriors on him.

It wil be hard for your enemy to get on the wal cause he must kill a dwarf through a obstacle to get on the wall. Keep shielding in fights cause you don't have to kill your enemy on a 1/2/3 he falls dead and takes his mates with him.

Just use your elf bows to kill the goblins they only need 5 to kil them so this wil cause enough damage. The iron guard are good at defending the gate with their 2 attacks and throwing weapons.

And 1 of the main rules of siege hold tactical positions as long as you can but don't throw your hero's reckles in the enemy. If you are defending the gate when it is broken never retreat otherwise you are doomed the shade can enter many warriors and you have lost all your profite of the situation.