All times are UTC

It is currently Fri Jul 05, 2024 10:55 am

Post subject: old mines of moria rule book
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:44 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

I just found my old Mines of Moria rule book, the little one but I bought it about 5 years ago so is it still relevant or will I have to go buy a new one as well as the free peoples sourcebook?
 Post subject: Re: old mines of moria rule book
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:33 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

There is a core rulebook with all the game rules and then five books which are profiles and point costs for the various factions.

The core rulebook that came with the Mines of Moria box is still current. There is a big hardback version, and a miniature version that came with MoM, but the rules content is identical between the two.

It sounds to me like all you need is one of the five faction books for the most recent profiles, the core rules haven't changed since 2005. The free peoples contains elves of all sorts, dwarves, the Fellowship, and the good odds and ends that don't fit into another slot (Eagles, Woses, Ents, Radagast, etc...).

There are new composition rules and new point match scenarios, but they are presented identically in each of the five faction books.
 Post subject: Re: old mines of moria rule book
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:28 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

thanks for the quick reply, I thought what you said was right just with all these new warband rules I wasn't sure and I'm planning to collect elves so that is why I mentioned the free peoples sourcebook rather than any of the othes