All times are UTC

It is currently Wed Jul 03, 2024 3:24 am

Post subject: Re: Is it worth it?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:26 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Modeling stuff and a very few extra profiles that are now useless.

Whafrog, ya goblins do have a nack for doing some impossible stuff, but 2 orcs versus Glorfindel are always going to lose, in my experience. The only time I've won against him was with 3 shielding Uruk-hai. Then next turn, he flattened (aka killed) 4 (yup, 4 in one turn) berserkers.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:16 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

NotLegolasJustTipsy wrote:
So what's in the hardback book that's not in the smaller book?

Modelling tips, a few scenarios I think, lots more profiles (some of which are out of date now).
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:22 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Draugluin wrote:
Whafrog, ya goblins do have a nack for doing some impossible stuff, but 2 orcs versus Glorfindel are always going to lose, in my experience.

Of course, I don't know why you're arguing. I'm not talking statistically, I'm talking about those epic moments where things go opposite...I just don't see that with WotR, or at least it's not as personal as when isolated models achieve something crazy...like when Glorfindel rolled two 1s on a jump test, despite being an expert rider, fell off his horse, took a wound, failed his fate roll. We figured he was drunk.

Hard to get those moments off a tray.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:33 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

whafrog wrote:
Pick something based on the flavour and aesthetics, isn't that what LotR is all about anyway?

This.

You shouldn't be picking an army just because it's good and can beat everything else you should be picking one because you enjoy playing with it, really like the look of the models and because it like "suits you" if you know what i mean lol. This is what some people don't understand in the fighting game that i play they think they should be picking a character that is easy to use and/or really good in high level play when really the game is so damn balanced that it really doesn't matter and they should just be picking the one that feels right for them and that they enjoy using.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:18 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

whafrog wrote:
Draugluin wrote:
Whafrog, ya goblins do have a nack for doing some impossible stuff, but 2 orcs versus Glorfindel are always going to lose, in my experience.

Of course, I don't know why you're arguing. I'm not talking statistically, I'm talking about those epic moments where things go opposite...I just don't see that with WotR, or at least it's not as personal as when isolated models achieve something crazy...like when Glorfindel rolled two 1s on a jump test, despite being an expert rider, fell off his horse, took a wound, failed his fate roll. We figured he was drunk.

Hard to get those moments off a tray.

I'm not arguing, I'm just saying that Glorfindel hasn't ever died against me. He's never been drunk in any of my games.