All times are UTC

It is currently Fri Jun 28, 2024 12:18 am

Goblins have been reduced to S2, Should the same happen to prowlers?
Total votes : 0
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:33 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Nice work as usual :)

Gothmog 3rd wrote:
# Even if we were to give Iron Fist to the king, I am not sure if Azog should have it. Especially if we consider taking the Fureous Leader rule.

I agree.

Quote:
** If we count Furious Leader as 15 points, Azog is mathmaticly worth 100 points, correct me if I am wrong. I made him 10 points cheaper because he is relatively easy to kill and cannot take any equipment.

I'm curious why you think it's worth 15 points? I guess he never has to roll courage, but maybe that means he has no Standfast at all...and at 90 points, I'm not sure he's worth it. It looks to me like he's worth 70 points without any special rules

Quote:
I personally think there should be a rule that forbidde the players from fielding more than single king except for the notable exception of Azog and Bog which of course could be fielded togheter.

Agreed.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:42 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

whafrog wrote:

Quote:
I personally think there should be a rule that forbidde the players from fielding more than single king except for the notable exception of Azog and Bog which of course could be fielded togheter.

Agreed.

What about saying the goblin king is a named character(without name)? So you can automaticly only field one, just as you can only field one gimli(as example)
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:04 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

BaruKhazad wrote:
What about saying the goblin king is a named character(without name)? So you can automaticly only field one, just as you can only field one gimli(as example)

Great idea Buruk Khazad.

@Whafrog. If you are affected by fury, you are not exepted from rolling courage tests, you just pass them automatichly. :) Hope I made the difference clear. Therefore I counted it as 15 points, especially since my profile included Iron Fist. Yes, he is worth 70 points without special rules, I don't know why I counted Iron fist as 15 points though, must have been a mathmatic mistake. If we take away Iron Fist he would be 80 points (10 points for FL). But I think we shold deduct 5 extra points to justify the fact that he is easy to kill (2 wounds and 1 Fate aren't much to brag about even if you count fury).

I have edited his profile.

Edit: I have given Bog the option of a shield.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:02 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

good job!

Quote:

Agreed.

As for Bog, he could have special rule to reduce some of his status if he's to be fielded with Azog.

can we give the shield option to Azog for 5 points and in such case he can't use his scimitar as 2H.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:21 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Nice to have you back man.

MuslimRohirrim wrote:

As for Bog, he could have special rule to reduce some of his status if he's to be fielded with Azog.

Why???

Quote:
can we give the shield option to Azog for 5 points and in such case he can't use his scimitar as 2H.

I excluded Azog from the Shield option because I gave him crude heavy armour (2+Defence). I think it fits better with both the character and the minature.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:58 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Gothmog 3rd wrote:
Nice to have you back man.

Thanks! sometime it's hard to spare time :wink:

Quote:
Quote:

Why???

I was thinking to illustrate his rage after his father's death, to gain something only if his father dies or if he's fielded alone...

Also it seems from the books that Azog was more strong, courageous and a better warrior in general than his son. Bolg on the other hand preferred to hide behind his huge size strong orcs bodyguard shiled armed with scimitars of steel as in the war of five armies and they saved him the fight against Thorin Oakenshield.

I see you are giving more strength and might to Azog which is really representative, but I am not sure why Bolg's extra Fate...
may be we can replace it with extra rule to represent using guards, may be prowlers can act as his guards or that they grow stronger in certain zone around him in some way...

sorry for lots of ideas. no time to filter them so they're just in the line of generating ideas and sharing thoughts that may or may not make a lot of sense.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:46 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Bolg ruled Moria for 150 years (long time), therefore I have given him extra Fate. I like your idea of him being a coward and hiding behind his bodyguards though 8). When it comes to a special rule for his father's death, I wouldn't recommend it. As it was pointed out in the Rohan thread, there are many such bonds that would enrage a beloved one, such as Aragorn - Arwen, Elrond - Arwen, Tranduil - Legolas. There is a ton of them actually.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:31 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Anyone care to provide a summary of what we've done so far for Goblins?

Actually, what would be really handy is a formatting template that can be shared so all the profiles look good. I don't know how articles are done on this sight, but I like the look of them, and somebody must have a standard set of codes they use for tables, headers, etc.

For that matter, maybe we need a general article template, such as:

Region:
- Intro, describes region and race, general description and rationale of changes from GW profiles to fit the books
- Special rules: rules that apply to all profiles from this region/race
- Profile:
--Name, description, F/S S D A W C MWF Points
--Default Wargear
--Wargear Upgrades
--Special rules

Then maybe we can have a "By the Book - Master Thread" that has links to the most recent summary for each region.

Thoughts?