All times are UTC

It is currently Sun Jun 30, 2024 12:32 pm

Post subject: Dwarf Mining Leader - House Rule
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:05 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Greetings,
I have been working on the Dwarf Mining Leader's and Dwarf Miners' profiles for a while and I would like some feedback on their point costs and/or other comments.

So here they are:

Dwarves are the best miners of Middle-Earth yet, even among them, there are some that excel more than others. Dwarf Mining Leaders can recognize rock types at a glace and are well-informed about their possible uses in construction. This skill allows them to lead Miners to quickly dig tunnels through the softest rock without causing their passage to collapse. Dwarf Miners are used, in this way, to flank the enemy either by prepared tunnels are rapid digging.They are also able to notice weak spots or critical support beams of a building and are, therefore, used as Sappers in the Dwarven armies to down any structure that is not vulnerable to axe and sword.

A Dwarf Mining Leader may be taken by any of the Dwarven Factions: Durin's Folk, Khazad-dum or Erebor.

Dwarf Mining Leader
Points Value: 45

F S D A W C M W F
4 4 7 1 2 4 - - 1

A Dwarf Mining Leader wears Dwarf armor, is armed with a pickaxe (counts as a 2-handed weapon) and a hand weapon. He may be accompanied by Dwarf Miners for 10pts each:

Dwarf Miner
F S D A W C
3 3 5 1 1 4

A Dwarf Miner wears dwarf light armor and wields a pickaxe (2-handed weapon) but is otherwise unarmed.

Special Rules:
Sappers: Dwarf Miners are familiar to how fortifications are built and can often spot they’re weaknesses. When wounding a Siege target, a Dwarf Miner receives a +2 boost to his Strength value (for a total of 5).
Follow the Leader: Dwarf Miners do not count to the 75 point value limit of the Dwarf Mining Leader's "Tunneler" Special Rule.

Special Rules:

Tunneler: Dwarf Mining Leaders are often employed to attack an army from the back employing such ways as tunnels, hidden paths or ruined corridors. In gaming terms, you may choose to keep your Dwarf Mining Leader and 75 points worth of foot warriors aside(which of course excludes: other heroes, cavalry and siege weapons). These troops may enter anywhere in your opponents deployment zone from the 4th turn onwards. The newly arrived models may not charge on the same turn they enter the board but may use ranged weapons during the Shooting Phase, as usual.
Sapper: Dwarf Mining Leaders know how fortifications are built and can spot they’re weaknesses. When wounding a Siege target, a Dwarf Mining Leader receives a +2 boost to his Strength value (for a total of 6).

Conversion Ideas:
Take any Dwarf in armor of your liking and remove the axe-head from the haft, then make a sausage of Green Stuff and flatten it. Once this is done, apply it to the haft and let dry. You should now have a marvelous pick-axe. Other ideas to make him stand out more: backpack, pouches or a shovel according to your modeling capabilities and desires. (I am not a very skilled with Green Stuff so any help here is more than welcome!)

Thank you for any comments :-D
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:40 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

sounds good^^

i'll use this in a scenario im planning (awaking of the balrog prologue). my only question is, isnt 75 points as reinforcements a bit much?:O (this is just brainstorming, but the leader could have some rule like madril: letting reinforcements arrive faster)
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:04 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

@BaruKhazad, with 75 points you get about 7 Dwarves which I don't think it is too much. I was debating whether he should only have the Strength boost versus buildings as SBG isn't as much about reinforcements and flanking. Thanks for the comment :-D