All times are UTC

It is currently Fri Jun 28, 2024 12:03 am

Post subject: Galadhrim Warrior Tactics (SBG)....
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:44 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Hey Guys Im CJ.
Im reletivly new to the game, i have my first SBG match this Thursday at my local GW.
Now im looking for some tactics that at i could use for my army, im going to be taking my Galadhrim Force.
Ill be fielding -
1 x Rumil
8 x Galadrhrim Spearmen (Sheilds)
8 x Galadhrim Swordsmen (Elven Blade)
8 x Galadhrim Archers

Its only a small force, but id like to know if there were any tactics i would use that would help me.
At the moment my plan is to create a kind of wall with my spearmen and use my swordsmen to punch in and out with the support of the spears, with archers putting the presure each turn :D

Any help will be much! appreciated
Thanks Guys
CJ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:51 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

As far as I see, a tactic most people would use.

The archers on the side, the miniatures with shield marching towards the enemy.

Another option is;

Elves with shield in front, behind them elves with bow, and let the elves with spear support them later or let the elves with spear flank the enemy.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:23 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Quite sound tactics Imrail.

As elves, try and use the scenery to your advantage, you're probably going to be outnumbered to try and stick to woodland where your enemy will have a hard time firing at you, but you can mvoe through it freely without any penalties.

If you can get him to come to you while you're inside or near a wood even better, retreat further within and fight him amongst the trees.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:40 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

That sounds good, I would suggest putting your archers quite a way off from your base force and slowly move them in towards the enemy flank while still firing. If you get around the enemy you'll still be able to shoot at him even though you have reached the combat stage (obviously not the troops in combat) but you will be able to shoot at the ones supporting or waiting to get into combat. Then when the game is getting tight you can pull the archers into combat and hopefully break the enemy.

And with Rumil, I would try to pick off the enemy hero[es] as he forces the enemy to re-roll 6s. With their hero dead try frantically to break them and when you do even if you are broken with Rumil gone, abandon the enemy and wait for their numbers to fall from failed courage tests.