All times are UTC

It is currently Sun Jun 30, 2024 11:18 am

Post subject: The Betrayer house rules
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:08 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Because the Betrayer is really underpowered when compared to other ringwraiths, I decided to create house rules for him.

F S D A W C M/W/F
5 4 8 1 1 6 2/14/2

Special Rules

Master of Poisons: Same as normal.

Morgul Blade: The Betrayer is a lord of the Haradrim and like them uses poisons. However, his blade has also had an evil morgul spell cast on it.

Spells cast as easily as other non-combat ringwraiths.

What do you guys think? Are these rules fair?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:03 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Seems better... :rofl:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:17 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

It's nice to see some changes, but a Morgul Blade doesn't seem very thematical. Any other ideas?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:19 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

General Elessar wrote:
It's nice to see some changes, but a Morgul Blade doesn't seem very thematical. Any other ideas?

Well the Witch King used a Morgul Blade, and it doesn't say that he was the only one who used one. Minas Morgul was the home of the ringwraiths, and if anyone, it would be they that would use such a weapon. I thought that since the Betrayer is from Harad where they use poison, he would be the most likely one to use a Morgul Blade. I don't see how it isn't thematical. What I am worried about is if it is overpowered or not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:24 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Maermaethor wrote:
General Elessar wrote:

Well the Witch King used a Morgul Blade, and it doesn't say that he was the only one who used one. Minas Morgul was the home of the ringwraiths, and if anyone, it would be they that would use such a weapon. I thought that since the Betrayer is from Harad where they use poison, he would be the most likely one to use a Morgul Blade. I don't see how it isn't thematical. What I am worried about is if it is overpowered or not.

The morgul blade isn't very unique IMO. I think the Betrayer's rules for SBG are acceptable, maybe it should be a 1,2 or a 3 for master of poisons but IDK if that is over-powered.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:00 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

spuds4ever wrote:
Maermaethor wrote:
General Elessar wrote:

The morgul blade isn't very unique IMO. I think the Betrayer's rules for SBG are acceptable, maybe it should be a 1,2 or a 3 for master of poisons but IDK if that is over-powered.

Yeah I was thinking that instead of adding a Morgul Blade make it on a 1, 2, or 3. I'm not sure though. If some math genius could calculate how much more effective it is to have this. I had my cousin calculate for the normal rule, and for wounding against models with defence 5 or 6 it gave less than 3% more chance of actually wounding.