All times are UTC

It is currently Mon Jul 01, 2024 6:23 am

Post subject: sneeky tactics with druzhag (wotr)
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:39 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

well im sure you are all familiar with druzhag (one of the mordor training wheels), and im sure you know how he can summon stuff behind you and then have them charge on the same turn, but here is something that ive been thinking of.

this only is safe if your opponent moved first
you have druzhag summon bats behind the enemy (well wargs and spiders also do fine, but bats are better as i will soon explain). then you have druzhag use his jump to move to the bats. this is where things become really dangerous as the bats will be killed if the enemy gets the chance (but i dont think any archers will be looking behind anyway). now you can wreak havoc anywhere you like, the bats have move 12 and now you can also move at the double! so you can move right around behind enemy lines and pick where you want to charge, but even better now you can use your spells to best effect. you can position yourself to get the perfect tremor off or use call winds to move them forward (so your stuff at the front canget a side charge).
now you can charge into combat, but i would be careful as your only max 3c, so they might be able to kill you off, you also want to avoid anyone that could duel you.
next turn if you dont get priority, and they have something that can kill you before you can move away (ir magic), then call a heroic move. you move 1ft already, and now you move 3ft!! and even if your too close to the enemy you still move 18", enough to move behind one of your own formations.

some other useful stuff: if druzhag is in danger and there is no one to jump to, then you can summon a F to jump to (and epic cowardice can also be used, but jumping is better)
you can give druzhag the crown of car dum fate (to summon lots of guys) and also have khamul in the same formation, so if you do roll a 3 then khamul has a good chance of saving him (i think that was in a WD)

so ya, just the 2 cents that i have for today
 Post subject: Re: sneeky tactics with druzhag (wotr)
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:17 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

There's a slight problem in your theory - you will usually not be able to summon the bats in a position more than 6" away from opponent's formation (especially if he played against Druzhag before and knows what he's doing), so your bats will be slowed down to 6" movement (12" AtD with a -1 to courage test, so you're passing just 58% of the time with C3). Next turn calling Heroic move costs you Might which you'd rather be using for more summons too (I know you can call it from Durburz, but still it's a Might point which wouldn't need to be used if you don't send Druzhag there), plus even if you call one, opponent can counter and 2-3 companies of bats die instantly to multiple strength from corruption and generally to any offensive spells, so you're risking a 50/50 to die in an effort to charge someone from behind with S2 attacks which at best will be killing on 5s, usually on 6s against things like Morannons, WoMT, Elves and most of the other commonly used stuff - you might aswell summon a Warg Pack and charge from the front, though that's a bit stupid when you can summon Spiders who will always do greater damage. So in fact your safest bet would be to summon Broodlings because at least they will survive any non-automatic magic effects and they're much better in killing in combat than BS are.

Quote:
position yourself to get the perfect tremor off

Any formation in range can use a single might point to resist the spell completely, so again it works 50% of the time.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:49 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

ya your totally right about the whole heroic move and better not to do it, but im just saying that this is on of the tactics you can use

im just throwing this out there, even though its a bit too risky its a least good to know
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:38 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

er, wotr in sbg section. but i think that druzhag is well up there with the best epic heros in the game. for 100 pts you get extra companies, probably the 1 and 3rd best spell types (ruin &wildeness). great value 8)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:17 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

ah yes, this should be in the WOTR section, i just though of tactics, and saw the word tactics in the forum :P
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:40 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

lol :rofl: