All times are UTC

It is currently Mon Jul 01, 2024 6:20 am

Post subject: WotR profiles not released for SBG
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:46 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

This is my attempt to make profiles that are in WotR, but not released for SBG yet.

Hurin – 75 Points (Tower of Ecthelion)
F S D A W C M/W/F
5/4+ 4 7 2 2 5 3/1/1

Wargear:
Hurin carries a Sword (Hand Weapon) and wears Mithril Forged Heavy Armour (see below).

Special Rules:
Mithril-Forged Heavy Armour: this armour stops all but the most accurate of arrows. To represent this, when a model wearing Mithril-Forged Heavy Armour is being shot at, they count their defence as one higher than it normally is.

Warden of the Keys – 11 Points (Tower of Ecthelion)
F S D A W C
4/4+ 3 6 1 1 4

Wargear:
A Warden of the Keys carries a Sword (Hand Weapon) and wears Mithril Forged Heavy Armour (see below).

Special Rules:
Mithril-Forged Heavy Armour:
this armour stops all but the most accurate of arrows. To represent this, when a model wearing Mithril-Forged Heavy Armour is being shot at, they count their defence as one higher than it normally is.

Elfhelm – 75 Points (Theoden’s Host)
F S D A W C M/W/F
4/4+ 4 6 2 2 4 3/1/1

Wargear:
Elfhelm carries a Sword, Shield and Bow and wears armour. Elfhelm rides a Horse.

Special Rules:
Expert Rider:
see main rules manual for details.
Destroyer of Siege Engines: Elfhelm's Strength 6 for the purpose of wounding Siege Engines, Towers etc.
For 1 Point, this upgrade may be given to any Rider of Rohan included in the same force as Elfhelm.

Moria Expeditionaries – 10 Points (Erebor)
F S D A W C
4/4+ 3 7 1 1 4

Wargear:
Moria Expeditionaries carry Hand Axes and Shields, and wear Dwarf Armour.

Special Rules:
Mountain Dwellers:
see the entry for Dwarf Rangers on Page 12 of Khazad-Dum.
For Moria: Moria Expeditionaries re-roll to wound rolls of 1’s against Orcs and Goblins. Also, Moria Expeditionaries may only be used in your force if it also includes Balin.

Iron Guard Ancients Upgrade – 1 Point per model (Khazad-Dum, Erebor)
If your army includes Durin, Dain or Balin, you may upgrade any Iron Guard model to have the following Special rules: For Moria, and Mountain Dwellers.

Ered Luin Rangers Upgrade – 1 Point per Model (Durin's Folk)
If you have selected the army: Durin’s Folk and taken an Ered Luin Ranger Captain, you may upgrade Dwarf Rangers with Two-Handed Weapons and Throwing Weapons to Ered Luin Rangers. They then have the Ambusher Special Rule (see below)

Ered Luin Ranger Captain – Free (Durin's Folk)
If you have selected the army: Durin’s Folk and taken a Dwarf Captain with Two-Handed Axe and Throwing Weapons, you may upgrade the Dwarf Captain into an Ered Luin Ranger Captain. He than has the Ambusher Special Rule (see below), although his defence is decreased by 1.

Ambusher: When deploying your army, any model with this rule may deploy up to 5”/12cm outside of your deployment zone. In Scenarios where models with this special rule are kept as reinforcements, they may choose when to come on when rolling for reinforcement’s, although models without this special rule must roll as normal. Also, this special rule allows models to charge after coming on from reinforcement’s, even when they may not normally.

Naurandír – 110 Points (The Wizards)
F S D A W C M/W/F
5/4+ 4 5 1 3 6 2/5*/2

Wargear:
Naurandír carries a Staff of Power (see main rules manual for details) and a Sword. Naurandír may ride a Horse for an additional 10 Points.

Magical Powers:
Terrifying Aura:
Dice score to use: 2+.
Immobilise: Range: 12”/28cm, dice score to use: 4+.
Aura of Dismay: Dice score to use: 5+.
Whispering of Naurandír: Range: 12”/28cm, dice score to use: 3+. The target of the spell moves D6” (or equivalent in cm) directly away from Naurandír and suffers a single Strength 2 hit.

Sûlrandir – 110 Points (The Wizards)
F S D A W C M/W/F
5/4+ 4 5 1 3 6 2/5*/2

Wargear:
Sûlrandir carries a Staff of Power (see main rules manual for details) and a Sword. Sûlrandir may ride a Horse for an additional 10 Points.

Magical Powers:
Terrifying Aura:
Dice score to use: 2+.
Command: Range: 12”/28cm, dice score to use: 5+.
Aura of Command: Dice score to use: 4+.
Whispering of Sûlrandir: Range: 12”/28cm, dice score to use: 3+. The target of the spell moves D6” (or equivalent in cm) directly away from Sûlrandir and suffers a single Strength 2 hit.

Dunlending Horseman – 11 Points (Dunland)
F S D A W C
3/4+ 3 4 1 1 3

Wargear:
A Dunlending Horseman wears armour, carries a Shield and Sword, and rides a Horse. A Dunlending Horseman may be given any of the following at an additional cost:
Shield – 1 Point
Bow – 1 Point

Captain of Carn Dûm – 60 Points (Angmar)
F S D A W C M/W/F
5/4+ 4 6 2 2 3 2/1/1

Wargear:
A Captain of Carn Dûm carries a Shield and wears Armour.

Special Rules:
Berserk:
On the turn in which it charges, a Captain of Carn Dûm increase its Attacks and Strength by 1.

Barbarian of Carn Dûm – 9 Points (Angmar)
F S D A W C
4/4+ 3 5 1 1 2

Wargear:
A Barbarian of Carn Dûm carries a Shield and wears Armour.

Special Rules:
Berserk:
On the turn in which it charges, a Barbarian of Carn Dûm increase its Attacks and Strength by 1.

Queen Beruthiel – 110 (Umbar)
F S D A W C M/W/F
4/4+ 4 5 1 3 5 1/5/2

Wargear:
Queen Beruthiel wears armour and carries a dagger (counts as being unarmed).

Special Rules:
The Cats of Beruthiel:
Queen Beruthiel is followed by 9 Black Cats and 1 White Cat. Queen Beruthiel counts as having line of sight to any model within 18”/42cm.
Terror: See main rules manual for details.

Magical Powers:
Transfix:
Range 12”/28cm, dice score to use: 4+.
Cats in the Shadows: Range 12”/28cm, dice score to use: 4+. This works exactly like Black Dart, except its 2 hits with a Strength 4.
Command: Range 12”/28cm, dice score to use: 5+.
Drain Courage: Range 12”/28cm, dice score to use: 3+.

Profiles for Quickbeam, Beechbone, Stone Giant, Grimbeorn, Beornings and Werewolf can be found in the following link: http://www.thelastalliance.com/viewtopi ... =23&t=1295

Last edited by Chris GoM on Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
 Post subject: Re: WotR profiles not released for SBG
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:44 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

nice work man, most of these translate over pretty easy, been doing something similar with my gaming group. The upgrades the Rohirrim get are essential! The Werewolves were fairly easy to convert as well. Ive been using Legions for the points values and adjusting the stats accordingly. Nice to see someone tackle the non-legions characters though these are truly off the charts for most of us.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:46 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

I think you've over powered the barbarian's berserk rule. I think it should only give +1 strength. I also think Sulrandir should be slightly better at casting spells.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:15 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

RangerofTheNorth wrote:
nice work man, most of these translate over pretty easy, been doing something similar with my gaming group. The upgrades the Rohirrim get are essential! The Werewolves were fairly easy to convert as well. Ive been using Legions for the points values and adjusting the stats accordingly. Nice to see someone tackle the non-legions characters though these are truly off the charts for most of us.

spuds4ever wrote:
I think you've over powered the barbarian's berserk rule. I think it should only give +1 strength.

This was also commented on over on the TLA, but was said it was underpriced. I've taken this into consideration and upped their cost by 1, making them a less predictable Mahud.

spuds4ever wrote:
I also think Sulrandir should be slightly better at casting spells.

The spells are basically the same as Naurandír, except Sulrandir has Command where Naurandír has Immobilise, and Aura of Command where Naurandír has Aura of Dismay, effectively trading spells that are slightly harder to cast which are better, for spells which are easier to cast but are worse.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:09 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

when it comes to working out the points value of your characters do you just use the rules for custom heroes that is in the battle companies expansion?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:15 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

I use a cost calculator I found on the web: http://membres.multimania.fr/l01c/lotrcostcalc.html