All times are UTC

It is currently Fri Jul 05, 2024 10:07 am

Post subject: How to beat Uruk Hai?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:30 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Hey everyone.

Me (Moria) and my friend (Uruks) always team up in 2v2 battles where we split the points between us. So far in 4 battles we are undefeated and it's all because of the ridiculous uruk stats. They completely outmatch anything the other team can throw, they usually use Rohan and Dwarves. The warriors/zerkers chew through the rohan warriors with Lurtz. And the crossbows just slaughter everything.

Now this is in battles where we are using 250-400 each for a total of 800 per side. I don't know if it is because of the small point caps or not.

Honestly I'm fine with winning everytime but I'm beginning to wonder if the Uruks can't be beat by Rohan,

I know the elves can match them hand to hand but they get beat by expensive model costs.

Your thoughts?
 Post subject: Re: How to beat Uruk Hai?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:55 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Your opponents are either using the wrong tactics or have the wrong composition of armies, dwarves should easily handle the Uruks, Khazad guard are the best for this. One problem could be that Rohan & Dwarves are the worst combination to ally as neither force can offer spear support for the dwarf front line and therefore always outnumbered when the lines clash. Taking Gandalf might help as he could floor ranks of Uruks with sorcerous blast before charging in.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:09 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

The Rohan army has throwing spears and the Dwarves Iron Guard have throwing axes, as well as two attacks. The Dwarves are actually on par with Uruks, in fight skill, strength, and even have better Defense. Rohan needs to use cavalry effectively.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:16 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

When I have fought battles playing as Uruks the best way my opponent has savaged my ranks is effective bowfire plus he had an avenger bolt thrower ..(I hate those things)
I would say avoid letting them get into combat with you for as long as possible while you tear them apart with arrows or at least try and split their ranks so you are not fighting a concentrated number of uruks at once.

More of my work at

www.ShadowandFlame.co.uk
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:16 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Dwarves will be able to beat Uruks with no problem, I'll bet that the Rohirrim force is made wrong/being used wrong and that's why they lose. Elves can beat them pretty well, but when they lose, it's not because of point cost. A high elf warrior without any extra equipment is 9 points, the same as an uruk scout with shield, but the elf has higher fight and courage and has the same defence.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:20 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Grimbold and Erkenbrand. Two names that send shivers down our Uruk players neck.

Grimbold allows Rohan to upgrade to S4 units, so Grimbold and a warband of 12 or more throwing spear + shield +S4 units is formidable. Play it right, and make sure to maintain your throwing weapons and they will reward you.

Erkenbrand allows you to upgrade riders to F4 which matches Uruk's and his own F5 allows you to match most Uruk heros. You will be suprised the difference it makes from losing every tie to winning 50% of them.

Son of Eorl: Keep them sheltered from bow fire and they will also reward you well.In a fight, they are as powerful as a hero. I have had SoE's take down 3 opponants in 1 fight. Use the SoE's to crack your opponants armor with their S4 and let your weaker riders hammer on the pikes and bow armed units that they don't need a 6 to kill on.
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:08 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Use dwarfes to slow down the main flow of orcs then just hit them in the flanks with calvary, i dont know what terrain you use but create choke points, dwarf vault wardens are especially good at holding off larger forces,

you could also take pictures of a battle and write up a battle report then add that you would like to take advice on how to improve the rohan and dwarfen side of the battle to make the games more close.