All times are UTC

It is currently Thu Jul 04, 2024 8:18 am

Post subject: Black Numenorian v. Morannon Orc with Shield
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:30 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

As I read trough threads here and watch batreps, I'm starting to understand the strategy of the Hobbit SBG. One key tactic seems to be the shieldwall supported by spears. You want your shieldwall to be cheap with a high D.

In the Mordor list I see two real options. The Black Numenorean and the Morannon Orc with Shield. Comparing them:

Numenorean: +1 F, +2 C, Terror
Morannon: +1 S, affected by Fury, cheaper

The two seem pretty similar. I can't decide which I like better. What does everyone else think?
 Post subject: Re: Black Numenorian v. Morannon Orc with Shield
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:06 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I use both! Black Numenoreans in front with Morannon spear support, providing a nice F4 S4 battleline :)

I'm a real fan of Black Numenoreans (mostly because of their look and storyline), no seriously I never leave without my 12 babies :).
But gaming wise I'd say Morannons. BNW have a really hard time killing stuff due to their S3. That combined with not having Fury is a real bummer. D6 with 5+ fury is just too nice.

Also, these days you're either facing high courage Good or Fury affected Evil which means Terror has less use now.

Tournaments in my neighbourhood are swarmed by Goblin armies so F3 isn't really that much of a problem.

Their price in money is something to consider too ofcourse. Happy I bought mine when they were still metal...