All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Jul 06, 2024 10:13 pm

Post subject: Best Harad strategies????
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:01 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

I am very passionate about my Haradrim army and would like to know the best possible strategies for playing them.

My army mainly just consists of Haradrim warriors, a mumak, raiders and lots of mahud but I do aim to collect all harad troop types. Now I just need some really deadly and effective strategies.

For the mahud, my main strategy is to have half with shield and blowpipe and the other half with shield and spear. Placing the spearmen and heroes behind blowpipers I advance upon the enemy 3 inches at a time until CC is reached. If I had mahud raiders I may hide them behind the foot soldiers for cover then charge when in range. It purely depends upon the board and enemy though.

As for the haradrim warriors (mind you I do not yet own the elites I will mention), I approach it by having warriors without spear to form the front ranks and protect elites behind. I then might alternate between abrakahn guard and spearmen to form a steady second rank/first rank if the arrow fodder is killed off. Then behind each spearman is a serpent guard with spear to give support and add FV and behind each abrakahn guard is a regular spearmen. Therefore we have a high FV force with spear support. The rules have changed so that spearmen now can support 2/hnd weapons and add the FV correct?

Further more, I could just put mahud blowpipers with shields in front of my haradrims warriors with spears. That could work.

With the archers, I'm thinking of placing watchers of karna behind them and slowly advance whilst shooting and then unleash the watchers butchery upon the enemy in CC.

Also with haradrim raiders, they all have bows and I only give the second rank lances just so the points aren't wasted on front rankers who are shot dead. Once again, I apply the half distance/shooting advance before charging.

Please give feedback and tell me your best strategies. I am aware that with a point limitation, I may not be able to apply my strategies so liberally. Also apart from strategies, could you please give me a good idea of what troop variation works best for these guys.

Post subject: Re: Best Harad strategies????
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:17 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

wow. you really thought this through. my strategies usually consist of "run and butcher lol". the most complicated thing i do is make sure all cavalry has nearby might, and now i realise that this post is going nowhere. whoops.

Never gonna run around and
Desert you
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:14 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

My brother and friend who I play with loathe this list :
Choose the heroes the like the most and stack an Abrakhan Guard and a Watcher of karna til you have no point left. 50% 3+ poisoned bow are great. In close combat you have S4 +1 to wound from the guard and 2 attacks from the watcher, both with F4.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:56 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Manadar wrote:
My brother and friend who I play with loathe this list :
Choose the heroes the like the most and stack an Abrakhan Guard and a Watcher of karna til you have no point left. 50% 3+ poisoned bow are great. In close combat you have S4 +1 to wound from the guard and 2 attacks from the watcher, both with F4.

That sounds deadly! What about giving them serpent guard support? That would introduce poisoned blades to close combat and add attacks (though it will take up numbers)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:53 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I have not try with serpent guards yet so I won't judge. Yet personally I tend to use as many models as possible. You should have enough bows to bend your opponent to play on the field you want and take advantage of your numbers.
You may try with serpent guards and see if it suits your playstyle ! :D
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:17 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

I would give all the Mahud blowpipes, that way even the spear rank behind can shoot.
Pairing Mahud with Corsairs of Umbar in fights is incredibly useful, one has the F4 and one has the S4.

OERP
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:17 am 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

stick 12 archers on the Mumak and set it loose. It can (and will) break any shield wall. Just make sure you avoid stuff that can easily wound it (obviously). It isn't so effective against highly mobile shooting armies like elves though, so beware.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:55 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

What about 12 spearmen on the howdah with rocks and rappelling lines?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:07 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

The bows on the Mumuk are far more flexible. But if I'm not playing many 'ground troops' in addition to the Mumuk then I always try to build in the cost for repelling lines and probably give spears to some of the Haradrim. The reason being you don't want to get stuck with a scenario where you need to take objectives or pick up an object and you find you just don't stand a chance to win because everyone's up in the howdah. The rocks would allow those spear troops to still be useful and don't use too many points so get them if you don't need the points anywhere else. But the bow troops ( poison arrows! ) are typically enough for me.

But if you can build in a good group of foot troops or some survivable cav then the lines may not be as needed.

http://TacticsInMiniature.com
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:43 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Don't stand under the mumakil after they have been fed. :)

Phantom Ships, Ghost Flotilla
More to come!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:42 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Just thought I'd reply with a quick and yet very important point.

Haradrim raiders do not automatically come with bow. They used to, but they don't any more, you can now use them with just lances for different tactics.