All times are UTC

It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 10:21 am

Post subject: 750 Point Doubles list
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:53 am 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

So I have an upcoming game this Thursday. Its 1500 points per team (750 per player). And as there was already two players bringing evil armies, I've brought my Dwarves out of semi-retirement. After playing so much Moria the numbers seem so small.

Anyways it's strictly to the death with classic deployment (meaning we are all about 40-48" away). My ally is a Galadrhim army and all I know about our enemies is that they will have 2+ Mordor Trolls. C&C welcome.

Kings Champion
4x Vault Warden teams
2x Khazad Guard

Balin w D. Axe (Army Leader)
4x Khazad Guard
8x Dwarf Warrior w/ shield

Dwarf Shield Bearer
10x Dwarf Warrior w/ Dwarf Bows

Radagast the Brown

Might: 10
Model Count: 38
Break Point: 20
Bows: 10/32

MiniWargaming
 Post subject: Re: 750 Point Doubles list
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:12 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Since your ally has elves you both would really lack numbers with this list, one of you really needs to push that.

I think your army is a little hero heavy, you can maybe drop radagast (if your ally picks galandriel atleast) or either balin or the dwarf shield bearer to add some more khazad guards, maybe 1 or 2 iron guards or some warriors.

your army has an incredible defense at the front but if your enemy is a little tricky he can break it without even killing anything (spectres,nazgul ect ect) aswell as flank you.

Armies:Fiefdoms, Eastern Kingdoms
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:25 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

halauas wrote:
Since your ally has elves you both would really lack numbers with this list, one of you really needs to push that.

I think your army is a little hero heavy, you can maybe drop radagast (if your ally picks galandriel atleast) or either balin or the dwarf shield bearer to add some more khazad guards, maybe 1 or 2 iron guards or some warriors.

your army has an incredible defense at the front but if your enemy is a little tricky he can break it without even killing anything (spectres,nazgul ect ect) aswell as flank you.

All very good points. My ally probably will take Galadriel, Haldir, and idk who else.
I have kind of wrestled with Radagast being here as between him and the KC that's 275 points, but immobilized plus those 10 archers should make short work of even a Mordor Troll.

As for ideas to boost the numbers it's difficult to do. If I dump Radagast (which is the only real opt-in I have) I forfeit all magic and won't boost my numbers by all that much as even a captain will cost me 60 points. Leaving me only 90 to play with

MiniWargaming
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:52 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

you are right, but here is a suggestion

drop both KC and radagast and replace with murin/drar

i know it might sound a little harsh but here are the pros and cons
-you loose all kind of magic
-you loose a killing machine and 2 good defenders
-you replace both heroes with 2 lesser ones
+you have a very good archer hero that along with you dwarf archers and your friends haldir can really damage your enemies before they actualy advance
+a good melee hero with +1 on wound (sort of replace the 5 str of KC, sort of :D )
+125 additional points for pure warriors/khazad/iron guards (meaning atleast 10+ warrios)
+if you have any little points left you can also upgrade any dwarf warrior to str 4

keeping the shield bearer is good on a second thought because you can counter any spectres/courage test if your enemy tries to break your formation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:28 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

I have definitely considered Murin & Drar. As far as heroes go they are definitely my favorite. But I run into the same problem at the end. That 125 has to first purchase a hero to lead any more troops as the current Warbands are already full (or very close to). I could stick 2 more guys into the Shield-Bearer's warband but then I'm at 3 maxed groups of 12.

If I swap the KC for Murin & Drar and dump Radagast then I can fit an additional dwarf into their warband too, but that's still only a +3 model count before having to purchase the next warband.

MiniWargaming
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:10 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

but murin or drar ARE heroes to lead your extra warband.
murin to lead your KCs warband and drar for your extra 10+ warriors.

Edit: this brings up a good question , double heroes such as murin/drar, elladan/elrohir count as 1 unit (hero) when it comes to lead warbands or they lead seperated?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:41 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

halauas wrote:
Edit: this brings up a good question , double heroes such as murin/drar, elladan/elrohir count as 1 unit (hero) when it comes to lead warbands or they lead seperated?

They are deployed togeher. Elladan/Elrohir are deployed in the same warband, with the extra twin counting as the first warrior. So in short is uses up the one hero spot and one warrior spot, allowing for 11 more warriors in the war band.

Hope that helps. 8)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:53 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

ok its time i start moving backwards into my cave then :( ....i really thought they could lead 2 seperate warbands, so im sorry for my mistake in that case

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:14 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Ok here is my 'expert' opinion:

1.Do NOT drop the Kings Champ, regardless of what anyone says.
2.Swap radagast out for floi and more troops, then put floi in the archer warband and the shieldbearer in a combat warband, he needs to be in there when the combat starts!

Reasoning for Floi is that at 1500pts there will be plenty of multi wound models to kill, and plenty of cheesy models with special abilities you will want gone. Also if your ally has Galadriel you dun necessarily need Radagast, Floi will be of more use.

Good luck!
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:00 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

halauas wrote:
ok its time i start moving backwards into my cave then :( ....i really thought they could lead 2 seperate warbands, so im sorry for my mistake in that case

No worries. I thought that too for a while. If they could they'd be the best dwarf heroes.

MiniWargaming
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:07 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

SuicidalMarsbar wrote:
Ok here is my 'expert' opinion:

1.Do NOT drop the Kings Champ, regardless of what anyone says.
2.Swap radagast out for floi and more troops, then put floi in the archer warband and the shieldbearer in a combat warband, he needs to be in there when the combat starts!

Reasoning for Floi is that at 1500pts there will be plenty of multi wound models to kill, and plenty of cheesy models with special abilities you will want gone. Also if your ally has Galadriel you dun necessarily need Radagast, Floi will be of more use.

Good luck!

Thank you. In have no doubt we will be victorious. My Dwarves have never even been "broken" lol. Regardless of where he starts I'm planning on attaching the Shield Bearer's special to the KC as he will be in combat at the thickest. Would that be a poor choice? I'm inexperienced with the Shield Bearer.
I'll confer with my ally to discuss whether or not he will bring Galadriel before I toss Radagast

MiniWargaming