All times are UTC

It is currently Thu Jul 04, 2024 8:41 am

Post subject: SPOILERS FOR TaBA - Possible new elf models
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:03 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

I've been re-watching some of the old production videos and was stuck by two thing in Production Blog 11 (7:00-7:20) there is a clear shot of wood elves in amour (personally think they look awesome) so assuming we get the models what role do you see them playing in the game. They seem to be the Mirkwood equivalent of the Galadhrim that were sent to Helms Deep, or in other words normal troops so where do they fit in the Lothlorien and Mirkwood list as they already have wood elves and galadhrim, I see two options;

1) they are given some form of special stats but what everything I think of wouldn't make sense e.g. higher fight not lore friendly (NLF) and already available in the list, higher defence the amour in not defence 6 and everything below that is covered ( it is possible they are D6 but that makes GoTGC worse), Strength 4 again really NLF why would they be higher? (Would be nice though).

2) The two lists are split, this would make more sense as the mirkwood elves could have the exact stats as the normal galadhrim but the lists are differentiated by Lothlorien having GoTGC, Calvary and hopefully some other troop type that will be shown in TaBA (fingers crossed for Dol Guldur) and Mirkwood have rangers and sentinels

What do you guys think?
 Post subject: Re: SPOILERS FOR TaBA - Possible new elf models
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:30 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

it is possible that those are Galadhrim in the same armour that Haldir's elves wear and being lead by Lothloria against Dol Guldor to free Gandalf. Just an option.
Aside from that, there is nothing wrong with giving mirkwood a basic troop to theme with mirkwood and used in the Battle of Five Armies. In that battle I would hope that they would bring more than palace guard and rangers as neither are assault troops in a military sense.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:50 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Wel their armour is very different from galadhrim armour. But comes very close to the 'normal' mirkwood armor as seen in the prologue of AUY. I hope we will get a decent set of plastic heavy armored elves, and with mirkwood there is a chance :-D

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

prov. 27:17
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:33 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Sithious wrote:
it is possible that those are Galadhrim in the same armour that Haldir's elves wear and being lead by Lothloria against Dol Guldor to free Gandalf. Just an option.
Aside from that, there is nothing wrong with giving mirkwood a basic troop to theme with mirkwood and used in the Battle of Five Armies. In that battle I would hope that they would bring more than palace guard and rangers as neither are assault troops in a military sense.

That's very true in regards to the BoFA and that is in fact what I thought but given that I wondered where they'd fit in the existing list as we already have basic troops. As for them being the Galadhrim that attack Dol Guldur I think you might be wrong. I think that they will use the old design (from TT) because PJ clearly keeps trying to tie the two trilogies together and in the Two Towers Haldir say something like 'my lady Galadriel said there was once and alliance between men and elves, we are here to honour that alliance' it would make sense to have the same elves fight with Galadriel in TaBA and be awesome so if someone where to watch the film in chronological order there'd be a great 'O S**t' moment when those same elves turn up at Helms Deep (this is also why whilst I'm not expecting it to happen I wouldn't be surprised to see Haldir in the attack on Dol Guldur as ir would allow for some further character development to make his death in TT even more sad). Anyway that's just my theory I'm probably wrong

Click to: Show
Wel their armour is very different from galadhrim armour. But comes very close to the 'normal' mirkwood armor as seen in the prologue of AUY. I hope we will get a decent set of plastic heavy armored elves, and with mirkwood there is a chance :-D

Attachments:
armoured mirkwood warrior.jpg
armoured mirkwood warrior.jpg [ 10.59 KiB | Viewed 2 times ]

I don't see us getting heavily armoured wood elves, if you compare these two pictures there isn't a huge difference in terms of the protection the armour would give you. So I think the list might be separated into 2, that being said I play will all two/three varieties of existing elves so I would LOVE some new plastic heavy armoured elves

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:27 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Mirkwood scenery seems very unlikely, especially seeing as the Citadel wood can make a relatively identical Mirkwood to that in PJ's films when painted in the right colours - as I have done so myself with lots of blues, reds and purples blended into the woody tree colours.

We'll definitely be getting more Elves though. I would say we will see 2 types of infantry per each of the five armies, along with single-figure command units for each army, or if we wish hard enough, four different commanders per army similar to the finecast command boxsets for LOTR SBG. Customisable command units would be great too, as in Warhammer 40K, because that would give the battlefield and SBG itself the sense of diversity that it desperately needs.

For anyone interested, along with Mirkwood Armoured Elves, here's an Iron Hills Dwarf! Looking forward to these little folk being released!

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/6250/7rpx.jpg

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:18 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Wise Old Elf wrote:
Mirkwood scenery seems very unlikely, especially seeing as the Citadel wood can make a relatively identical Mirkwood to that in PJ's films when painted in the right colours - as I have done so myself with lots of blues, reds and purples blended into the woody tree colours.

I don't think anyone mention anything about Mirkwood scenery (I might be wrong) but that aside all the points you raise are very true

Wise Old Elf wrote:
We'll definitely be getting more Elves though. I would say we will see 2 types of infantry per each of the five armies, along with single-figure command units for each army, or if we wish hard enough, four different commanders per army similar to the finecast command boxsets for LOTR SBG. Customisable command units would be great too, as in Warhammer 40K, because that would give the battlefield and SBG itself the sense of diversity that it desperately needs.

Hey, we can hope, and for what it's worth I hope you are right it'd be great to have the hobbit armies as fleshed out as the LOTR ones would really make it seem like a fully populated world also customisable command units would be fantastic