All times are UTC

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:31 pm

Post subject: Re: The Great Battle Companies feedback thread
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:04 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Posted the below on the other Battle Companies thread... but figured I would put it here as well

So I love the BC rules :-D But I have some questions about the Lothlorien BC

How come the Lothlorien Battle Company cannot include Guards of the Galadhrim Court? I would think they should be included.... So maybe a Galadhrim Warrior with Spear and Shield should be promoted to a Guard....

Just my 2 cents....

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:51 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Thanks for the ruleset, we started playing yesterday http://thefellowshipoftheminiatures.blogspot.be/2014/09/the-fellowship-of-miniatures-oberonn.html

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:14 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Greetings, Gents.

The next edition of Battle Companies is in the works. If you are interested in helping out, drop me a PM with your email address and I'll add you to the project board.

Do what is right, love mercy, and walk humbly

Battle Companies
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:07 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Hey Yall,

Just would like to make a quick thank you to all of you who are providing feedback and that are discussing said feedback. It is a great deal of help for everyone, be they "designers"* or people in search of their own house-rules in the meantime.

I think Battle Companies needs its own Subforum within the House Rules Section so as to better Organize this great project. Probably would be best to give it its own child-forums as well.

Battle Companies: Warbands in Middle Earth SubForum
Forum 1: General (For people to just talk about it)
Forum 2: Rules Discussion (Questions, clarifications, FAQ)**
Forum 3: Battle Reports (For people to show their own experiences)**
Forum 4: Design Feedback (So Designers have a collected space for ideas and what not that are shared by the public)
Forum 5: Modelling (tips and how to do simple BC-related modelling. This may include simple conversions to tips on personifying your band.)**

*-Basically all of yall, but directed also at those who make the final decisions on rules like our fearless leader: Erunion.

**-if needed, I will gladly offer material or help address said topics. Such as: Minas-Tirith Warrior Model-Manipulation for those on a budget.

(CE) Battle Companies 2016 Edition
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:07 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Erunion wrote:
Greetings, Gents.

The next edition of Battle Companies is in the works. If you are interested in helping out, drop me a PM with your email address and I'll add you to the project board.

Did you get my PM?
I am looking at running at campaign soon, so would be good to try out any changes!
Cheers

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:22 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Sorry, Leonardis. I must have missed your PM. I've added you to the project board.

Do what is right, love mercy, and walk humbly

Battle Companies
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:30 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Do you still search people to help you out with you're new project? If so, I'll gladly help.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:44 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Does anyone have some good background or bat reps for their BTs? I'd love to just read what people are coming up with regularly.

Thanks,
Sam :sam:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:28 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Hi,

After watching the last Hobbit movie I am again interested in LOTR SBG. I would be interested in possibly contributing some thoughts to the Battle Company rule set.

Please note, I noticed this thread mentioned BloodBowl LRB campaigns as a possible template. I think BB has a lot of well tested ideas which could be pilfered. Creating fair games for players who do not play an equal amount of matches is potentially important for a successful long term league (imo).

In terms of credentials I haven't played much LOTR/Hobbit SBG to be honest. I have created campaign rules for Warhammer Fantasy (2008 - 2009). I have been playing Warhammer since 3rd edition. I am starting up our third season of our local BB league soon (www.reginaflatland.bloodbowlleague.com). I am the commissioner of the league. I am also familiar with Necromunda stuff as well. I have an extensive board game, miniature (mostly GW), and Magic: The Gathering collection.

Cheers,
Michael

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:20 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Are people still working on this? I cant seem to find any recent discussion about Battle Companies. It was said that there is work being done to create an update and i would love to know more or even offer my humble opinion.
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:27 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Spent some time working on a more detailed Arnor list. Everything I have suggested would fit with LOTR known lore. I have attached the actual list as a PDF but the introductory paragraph reads :

The cities of Arnor, the northern sister realm of Gondor, fell to civil war, evil creatures and the hordes of the Witch King long ago. But in the west of the region small companies of battle weary warriors rally to the Dúnedain to defend their people. Local militias protect individual villages whilst the battle companies patrol the wilds breaking up raiding parties before they can become too strong. Wardens watch over the ruins of Annuminas ensuring both the security of the Shire and of Arnor’s history. Even in this harsh wilderness allies can be found amongst the Hobbits, the Clansmen of Icy Forochel and the Elves of Rivendell. The bonds between the sons of Elrond and the Dúnedain inspire rare young elves to hone their skills on the battlefields of Arnor.

Feedback welcome :aragorn:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:19 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Looking at the Gondor list, I noticed that a Ranger can upgrade to Citadel Guard. Now, I read and saw that many do not like the Dwarves Bowmen promotion to Ranger. What if we make the other way around?
A Durin's Folk company may start with 2 Dwarves Ranger and they can be upgraded to dwarves bowmen. And there may be another upgrade to iron hills veterans, giving them S4. If it works with Rangers of Gondor and Citadel Guards, why it shouldn't work on dwarves?
Or we can allow Dwarves Rangers to keep their bows, without switching to dwarven longbow.

About the Warg Riders: this is a company with 3 mounted models as starting formation. Isn't that too much? I'm afraid. Starting with 3 mounted models already when most of the other armies have 6 or 8 foot models works?
I need some feedback about that. What are your experiences?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:26 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

undivided wrote:
Does anyone have some good background or bat reps for their BTs? I'd love to just read what people are coming up with regularly.

Thanks,

I have two video game play trials with my battle companies with some explanations. It doesn't get into my personal fluff for the bC. I plan to do more of these some day, and better quality, always seem to be busy with something.

and

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:25 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

undivided wrote:

Thanks,

Here is my bc campaign. It is written like a novel. No pictures.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=31460
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:32 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

jdizzy001 wrote:
Here is my bc campaign. It is written like a novel. No pictures.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=31460

This is a great idea!
I especially enjoyed the setting of the story. Will there be more to come (i.e. is the campaign still going)?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:12 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

It is. I've actually completed three more matches. I need to write out how they went. I am also going to start including some of the character's profiles at the time of the combat. As a mildly related side note, you may notice waqqas has nearly single-handedly kept the company going.

As of this sentence, I am no longer high jacking this thread. Further discussion of my BC be found here viewtopic.php?f=20&t=31489
which is a discussion thread for my bc, not the batreps.
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:37 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Speaking of BC, what about a page on creating your own battle companies created from any of the factions mixed together? It appears most beginning BCs float around the 80-90 point mark. Can you include some guidelines on creating a mixed company?