All times are UTC

It is currently Tue Oct 01, 2024 1:23 pm

Post subject: shooting at targets on a ladder
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:27 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Hi everyone,

Should there be a bonus for shooting at a target on a ladder? It would be pretty hard to duck and weave an arrow on such a small space.

Also, is their a bonus for shooting at a prone (knocked down) target?

Thanks,
Michael

Post subject: Re: shooting at targets on a ladder
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:43 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

There's no rule to it, but in friendly games use a +1 to hit on ladders, or climbing figures of any kind.

Never gonna run around and
Desert you
 Post subject: Re: shooting at targets on a ladder
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:00 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Legolas was doing a fine job climbing a moving mumak and dodging fire and shooting back with accuracy... of course he is PJ's legolas, can't be touched. :)
I would be fine with the +1 option in some friendly games but not siege games. Only because most of those the defender has front wall rank of just bows, there is already a slim chance of climbing without the ladder being knocked down, even slimmer chance of making to top and winning the fight to climb up... so to have to also have even less chance of survival due to bows would make me not want to even bother with ladders in the first place.
In friendly points match games and the like, I would be ok if the forces are close in shoot value. IF they are not and only one side is likely to be climbing due to terrain, then the bonus could have a greater affect. For example Elves with elven cloaks on high ground would be untouchable. Practical auto hit on any climbers to get to them and you could not shoot at them from a distance. they would be camping snipers for the whole match.
These things are just 'considerations'. The bonus in most cases would be OK, at the same time, ten years the climbing rules have worked as is cause it is not used often.

For prone models or knocked to the ground models, the target is smaller right? they are laying down and thus should be harder to hit... since they are already under penalty enough laying down, I don't think they need more penalties, though I would welcome reading options or house rules anyone had a good idea that is working for them.