All times are UTC

It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 10:27 pm

Post subject: Rohan and Radagast army list
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:48 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Hi, I am taking an all mounted rohan army with radagast on eagle to a 600 points tournment soon. My final army list consists of:
-Radagast on great eagle
-Eomer with horse and shield
-Erkenbrand with horse
-6 Westfold Redshields with throwing spear
-6 Sons of Eorl

I have decided on these models as this is what I have got painted, so I'm not looking for changes to my army list, I was wondering how people think I should assign the 12 riders to Eomer and Erkenbrands warbands?
The scenarios played will be mainly ones from sourcebook, so with deployment rules in mind, is it better to have 3 SoE and 3 RoR with each of eomer and erkenbrand, or Eomer taking all 6 Soe and erkenbrand all 6 RoR?

I know it probably doesn't make a lot of difference but I am wondering if anyone else has thought about something like this before?
 Post subject: Re: Rohan and Radagast army list
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:27 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Looks like a cool list id go half and half with the soe and ror. I'm going to assume your going to use Radagast to give them all terror correct? Just pick your combats wisely.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:07 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Yea, start of the game ill go for aura of dismay, channelled maybe and then try and keep the army close together, or atleast only have engagements when radagast is near. Panic steed on a 2+ is insanely useful with radagasts free dice as well as for immobilising heroes and using natures wraith before SoE charge in. Eagle and SoE all have 12" move which is good for being able to pick fights, quickly manoeuvre around flanks. One thing that I want to use a lot is immobilise enemy heroes when I don't have priority and then trap them with the eagle and SoE to try and finish them in one turn using piercing strikes and rend.
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:54 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

jericho2597 wrote:
Yea, start of the game ill go for aura of dismay, channelled maybe and then try and keep the army close together, or atleast only have engagements when radagast is near. Panic steed on a 2+ is insanely useful with radagasts free dice as well as for immobilising heroes and using natures wraith before SoE charge in. Eagle and SoE all have 12" move which is good for being able to pick fights, quickly manoeuvre around flanks. One thing that I want to use a lot is immobilise enemy heroes when I don't have priority and then trap them with the eagle and SoE to try and finish them in one turn using piercing strikes and rend.

Radagast on eagle, does not have a free dice, or am I missing something ?
He does not have his staff while being carried by an eagle.

prov. 27:17
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:25 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

J.R. wrote:
Radagast on eagle, does not have a free dice, or am I missing something ?
He does not have his staff while being carried by an eagle.

Sure enough a staff of power is not in that profiles war gear. I guess that matches up with the movie timeline though.

This makes me lean towards Radagast on a horse instead. I would personally rather have the free will than Natures Wrath and it is less points.
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:56 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Woahhhh I didn't even realise! does he get the staff back when he dismounts the eagle?