All times are UTC

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:18 pm

Post subject: Balin's expedition to retake Moria
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:40 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I had an idea to create a list revolving around Balin's expedition to retake Moria and thought I should update Ori's profile to suit his later life and his part in the expedition, with appropriate special rules that affect his status as member of "Durin people" as opposed to "Thorin's Company".

Ori, Champion of Moria 55pts
Race Movement F S D A W C Might Will Fate
Dwarf 5"/12.5cm 4/3+ 3 6 2 2 5 1 3 1

Special Rules/Equipment
Chronicler, Sworn Protector (Balin, Son of Fudin).

Equipment: Dwarf Armour and Two Handed Axe

Options: Heavy Dwarf Armour +10pts
Dwarf bow +5pts
Special Rules:
Chronicler: Any time a friendly Dwarf hero slays an enemy Hero or Monster within 3" of Ori, that model immediately regains a point of Might, Will or Fate (your choice) that has previously been spent in that game (or campaign.)

Is this profile a better representation of Ori at this point do we reckon, is there any changes I should have made? Is chronicler too powerful if it affects all dwarf heroes? I was thinking of changing the chronicler special rule for The Book of Mazarbul with a special rule like banner or similar instead. Any thoughts?
 Post subject: Re: Balin's expedition to retake Moria
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:21 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

you should give him S4, since the other miniatures depicts him as a young dwarf during the quest for Erebor, while the events of moria took place 53 years later, so we could consider him a mature dwarf. he should keep his D6 because, like Floi, he is not a warrior.

you could limit his special rule by replacing "a friendly dwarf hero" with "a hero of balin's expedition" or something like that (Balin, Ori, Oin, Floi, Nari, Frar, Loni)
 Post subject: Re: Balin's expedition to retake Moria
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:52 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Okay I took another look at this and also made a profile for Oin.

Ori, Champion of Moria 55pts
Race Movement F S D A W C Might Will Fate Special Rules/Equipment
Dwarf 5"/12.5cm 4/3+ 4 6 2 2 5 1 3 1 Chronicler, Sworn Protector (Balin, Son of Fudin).

Equipment: Dwarf Armour and Two Handed Axe

Dwarf bow +5pts
Special Rules:
Chronicler: Any time either Balin, son of Fudin, Ori, Champion of Moria, Oin, Healer of Moria or Floi Stonehand slays an enemy Hero or Monster within 3" of Ori, Champion of Moria that model immediately regains a point of Might, Will or Fate (your choice) that has previously been spent in that game (or campaign.)

Oin, Healer of Moria 60pts

Race Movement F S D A W C Might Will Fate Special Rules/Equipment
Dwarf 5"/12.5cm 4/4+ 4 7 1 2 6 1 4 1 Sworn Protector (Balin, Son of Fudin). Healing Herbs. Prognostication.
Equipment: Dwarf Armour, sword and shield

Healing Herbs. In the Move phase, instead of moving, Oin may attempt to heal a friend in base contact. Roll a D6. On a 1-2 there is no effect. On a score of a 3 to 5, the model regains a Wound lost previously in the game (or campaign). On a 6, the model regains all its lost Wounds.
Prognostication. Once per turn, in the Fight phase, Oin can expend a Will point to enable a friendly model within 3" to re-roll a single dice when making a Duel roll.

I made Oin's Healing herbs slightly better to make him a little different, this represents him being a bit older and wiser about herbs etc. I also amended Ori's strength to bring him in line with the others as Dikey suggested.