All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:54 am

Post subject: Théoden King profile
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:46 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Mae Govannen Eruhini

With the release of the new Battle of the pelennor fields starter set and the new rulebook,I have been tempted to write an article,and being that the case of what else can i talk about if it's not about my favorite character in the entire trilogy: Théoden. I know he have received a massive improve with the 3 might, 3 will and his special rules,but there's is something that I've always wanted on him and that is the 3 attacks and 3 wounds.This gains even more value if we take into account the fact that he has access to heroic challenge and that him is a hero of legend,this means that he can only challenge other heroes of legend,and there's not many heroes of legend that you would like to challenge with Théoden,specially if they're mounted and Théoden can't get the charge extra attack.So thinking on these i have made a profile for Théoden with all the things that I think would make him an absolute beast for Rohan even making him go toe to toe with the new Éomer.
Note:To make this profile i have take a huge inspiration of this two posts viewtopic.php?f=5&t=24219 http://www.thelastalliance.com/viewtopi ... =43&t=8379 I would take some of the Théoden special rules from the first link and also just remark that I really like the two profiles they maked but with his new AotLOTR profile I just decided to to combine them to make the definitve Théoden, so without further delay let's see it.

Théoden King of Rohan
(MAN,ROHAN,INFANTRY,HERO-HERO OF LEGEND)
F S D A W C M W F Points
5/4+ 4 5 3 3 6 3 3 1 85
WARGEAR

Armour and Herugrim

Herugrim -Active-Herugrim is a sword.Aditionally,Théoden may use the Feint Special Strike even if his fight value is lower than his oponent's.
HEROIC ACTIONS

Heroic March
Heroic Strike
Heroic Challenge

OPTIONS

Snowmane - +15 Points
Horse - +10 Points
Heavy Armour - +5 Points
Shield - +5 Points

SPECIAL RULES

Expert Rider,Horse Lord.

The Will of men is Easily Corrupted -Pasive-

If Grima Wormtongue is within 6' of Théoden King of Rohan,Then Théoden is reduced to Fight value 3/4+ and 1 Attack.Aditionally he may not declare Heroic Actions and may not use Will points.

Forth,and Fear no Darkness -Active-

Théoden's Stand Fast is 12' rather than 6'

Snowmane -Active-
Snowmane is Théoden's faithful steed that is yet fated to ultimately be his master's bane. Snowmane is an Armoured Horse with Move 12. If Snowmane is killed, roll on the following chart (Might cannot be used to change this roll):
1 - Théoden is crushed to death under his falling steed; he is removed from play, Fate points can be used to change this to the 2-5 result, but require a 6 instead of 4+ and no Might can be expended to affect the roll.
2-5 - Théoden is crushed and severly wounded; he is reduced to 1W, knocked down, and his Fate store is reduced to 0; if Théoden is already at 1W, he dies.
6 - Théoden manages to cheat fate; he is knocked down but suffers no further penalty

So that is my opinion of how i would love to see Théoden on the board.Any replys,critics,comments and suggestions are welcomed!

Note 2 :Riders of Rohan,Mounted Rohan Royal Guard and Mounted Captains of Rohan are still afected by the "Arise,Riders of Théoden" Special Rule.
 Post subject: Re: Théoden King profile
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:42 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

I like the extra move for snowmane, seems a bit harsh when he is killed though ! I imagine it would attract a lot of bowfire.

Post subject: Re: Théoden King profile
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:44 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Scib wrote:
I like the extra move for snowmane, seems a bit harsh when he is killed though ! I imagine it would attract a lot of bowfire.

Thanks for the reply!
I also thinked he would attract all the bowfire but I really love the theme behind that rule,also this gives the Horse Lord Special Rule a plus of importance because killing Snowmane will practicly be the ruin for the King of Rohan.Something i have thinked to reduce this could be enable the Might to change the roll,althought you would have to be aware of bowfire.
The chart for Snowmane's death was taken from the first link and thus there its specified that all the horses have 2 wounds,nevertheless that could be a good addition to Snowmane and why not Shadowfax and Felarof,they are Mearas after all,I think it could be sort of like the White Warg for Azog.