All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:56 am

Post subject: Warg Battle Company and Goblin Riders
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:39 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Hi all, my son (7 years old) and I have just read "The Hobbit' and he wanted to make a battle company of wargs as well as (in a separate project) some goblin riders.

Oh, what was I to do? Buy more models to paint? Oh, if I absolutely must =)

More pics on the blog as well as a description of our Battle Company idea: http://simbattleboard.blogspot.com/2018/10/fell-wargs-and-goblin-riders.html

Post subject: Re: Warg Battle Company and Goblin Riders
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:50 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

For unridden wargs and 'goblin' riders, youve got 2 options. Well. 3 if you arent too worried about expanding. You can play them as Angmar - orc warg riders, wild wargs, wild warg chieftains, orc captains on wargs.

You can play them as Azogs Hunters. Still orcs, and fell wargs this time.

You can play them as Moria with Druzhag - one warband of wargs only, no warg chieftains. You do get goblin marauders though, which are three goblins riding a single warg. Two have sword and bow, one has sword and shield. Due to the changes to the Moria list (removal of access to wargs without Druzhag), the list that wouldve been best suited to your idea... isnt really anymore... :/
 Post subject: Re: Warg Battle Company and Goblin Riders
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:56 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Tyr wrote:
For unridden wargs and 'goblin' riders, youve got 2 options. Well. 3 if you arent too worried about expanding. You can play them as Angmar - orc warg riders, wild wargs, wild warg chieftains, orc captains on wargs.

You can play them as Azogs Hunters. Still orcs, and fell wargs this time.

You can play them as Moria with Druzhag - one warband of wargs only, no warg chieftains. You do get goblin marauders though, which are three goblins riding a single warg. Two have sword and bow, one has sword and shield. Due to the changes to the Moria list (removal of access to wargs without Druzhag), the list that wouldve been best suited to your idea... isnt really anymore... :/

Yeah, we just house rule things we want to play =) We’re playing them as goblins on wargs for 1 point less than an orc on a warg. Well, we’re not even playing them yet, just funning around =)