All times are UTC

It is currently Wed Jul 03, 2024 3:09 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Southern Fiefdoms
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:34 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Your wip is very intresting 8)
 Post subject: Profiles finally complete!
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:44 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hilbert wrote:
Your wip is very intresting 8)

Thanks! 8) Hoping to kickstart some interest back into Gondor, after all Tolkien wrote extensively about it! :)

I have the profiles complete, we've pretty much taken care of any spelling errors although if you do spot one please let me know. I haven't completed all the descriptions yet, but all the special rules and wargear has been sorted. Here's the direct link, which can also be accessed on my little corner of the Interweb.

THE SOUTHERN FIEFDOMS: PROFILES
http://attachments.wetpaintserv.us/g-_V ... RVRw571601

It is to scale with most GW LOTR documents so you can print out at 100%, no need to reduce page sizes etc. Also change print properties to 'grayscale' rather than 'colour' if you don't want to waste your colour ink cartridge in one! :wink:

Hope you enjoy reading through! Let me know if you'd change anything, as this is for the entire gaming community.

Attachment:
SF profiles snapshot.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by lorderkenbrand on Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
 Post subject: Re: The Southern Fiefdoms - Photos
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:09 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Has anyone read through the profiles? I've made a few minor changes to equipment and other things since which will be incorporated in the next upload (still need to complete the descriptions). I've made a few changes to the miniatures and have compiled a complete list of miniature suggestions. These are a mixture of GW conversions and Crusader Miniatures (which are to scale) :)

To do list
- Updated Profiles to be posted
- Suppliers List to be finished

Wardens of Pelargir
Below is the group shot of the Men from Pelargir. These will form part of the Grey Company reinforcements list as they travelled up the Anduin with Aragorn. I've chosen to leave them exactly as they are because they do look like they are wearing naval uniform. They are also larger than their plastic equivalents so are to scale with most other LOTR minis (except those giant Rangers). The Commander is unchanged since I last posted an update of him. The Harbour Master is a Corsair Bo'sun with Isildurs head, a plastic sword arm and a shield from a plastic Numenorean. Colour scheme yet to be decided, but I don't want to paint them black, suggestions?

Golasgil and the Langstrand Guard
I had a change of heart with the original concept for Golasgil. The Isildur head suited a more graceful type of leader. I envisage Golasgil as a strong but ruthless leader. The people of Anfalas were mainly hunters and herdsmen but for a few who were well armed. So I've given him the Corsair Bo'sun head and he looks pretty rough now (well it is Peter Jackon after all lol). So PJ is my Golasgil, might not appeal to some but I see these guys as hunters wearing armour, therefore not very well 'kept', hair or otherwise.

The Militia of Lebennin
The idea behind this was based upon Tolkiens writings. The Grey Company are joined by men from surrounding lands at Pelargir/Linhir and travel on towards Minas Tirith. Tolkien mentioned men from Lamedon and Lebennin. I'd imagine being the largest of Gondors Southern realms, the men of the land would be thinly stretched, facing attacks from Haradrim, Corsairs and Orcs! So a Militia of the land would not be uncommon. The profiles are for lightly armoured men with Courage of 2 so they are still pretty good. I have however taken away the option for bow-armed Militia especially since we have the Rangers of Gondor, Black Root Vale Archers and now Huntes of Anfalas.

The models are basic conversions to plastic Warriors of Minas Tirith, with the shield emblem filed off and the plate armour sanded to blend with the cloth. The banner bearer is made from a WoMT and a Dark Elves Corsairs banner. The Captain is using Isildurs bottom half of the body ie. from waste down and a WoMT with a sword and cast shield. I'll be adding chainmail to the Militia to match with their captain and perhaps extending the dress wear to below the knees. They won't have silver breast plates, it will all be one coloured gown.

Some extra shots of the rest of the army that will soon enough be facing the might of Mordor!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:10 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Can't wait to see them painted :yay:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:29 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hilbert - glad someone is looking forward to it lol :puppy:

I've made progress with filling in gaps and adding details such as plenty of hair for Golasgil (he is rather hairy now...)

Also settled on the Blackroot Vale heroes. I won't be using the Games Workshop version of Duinhir as I have plenty or rangers. So all 3 are conversions. Duilin has had two arm/hand swaps - one is from a Fountain Court Guard spear with hand and the other is Malbeths pointing arm. Duilin and Derufin will have a headswaps, faces showing but hoods on. Some better pics of the heroes below.

Those photos were taken before I added the milliput which really does help the appearance of Golasgil! He now looks like Peter Jackon after two weeks in the wilderness! H-A-I-R-Y. :P

And the heroes of the Blackroot Vale. Duilin is in the middle.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:22 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

I would have just used the Blackroot Vale Archers command for them. Duinhir would be Duinhir, the one with the banner could be one son and the one with the horn could be the other.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:52 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

They would make great replacements too, I actually have those models, but I need a banner bearer and hornblower aswell. Heroes aren't allowed horns as far as I'm aware. Plus I wanted to get my hands dirty and see if I could learn anything new with the modelling putty. Few photos below, miniatures have since had an undercoat, the camera is still recovering from Christmas Day and the boozy inlaws ;)

Have finally compiled the suppliers list which details 12 pages of all the miniatures needed for conversion work and gameplay. It will form part of the Southern Fiefdoms supplement which has been a great help for me, now all the profiles have miniatures I can go about buying them! Also means the scenarios and participants can be properly detailed and profiles amended to fit in with the appearance of the models.

Link to follow shortly, will be in PDF format on my website also :)

Last edited by lorderkenbrand on Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:20 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Had to set up a file sharing account because it's too big to upload to my blog, will post the link there though. C+C and any questions welcome :)

The Southern Fiefdoms Suppliers List
http://www.mediafire.com/?dvfkfw6i93ncuvb

Attachment:
Suppliers List snapshot.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by lorderkenbrand on Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:26 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

I don't see why heros can't also be hornblowers.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:54 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Either do I actually, Boromir has a horn and rules, Forlong has a horn (on the model). I was going off what Games Workshop put in their WD Reinforcements, here's a copy of the text.

You may upgrade any number of warriors* in your army to be Hornblowers for +20 points. Whilst you have at least one Hornblower alive on the battlefield, all of your models have a +1 bonus to their Courage.

* Only Elves, Men, Orcs, Uruk-hai and Dwarves can be upgraded to be Hornblowers.

I guess I just wanted something to distinguish Duilin and Derufin from the banner bearer and hornblower.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:05 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

My group plays that all of the heros that have horns on the model count as hornblowers, except for Fellowship Boromir. The others point costs were increassed by a little, except for Captain Boromir, he's a little overpriced in my opinion.

Post subject: Re: The Southern Fiefdoms NEW IMAGES
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:03 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

http://translate.google.com/translate?c ... 01bd70047e

My inspiration :D

Some of his work I'll post below

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:20 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

wow nice army, long time i dont see some lamedon :)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:03 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Awesome, my favourite army and they are painted so well 8)
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:59 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hello my Lords and Ladies!

I must appologise for it has been a while since last I visited this thread! Without further ado, some news:

I've been in contact with another member of the One Ring. We've swapped a few ideas, and i've since looked at other manufacturers for supplying the figures, some of which have provided better options than those listed in the original suppliers list. I will be picking up 2 box sets (Warlords Celts and Gripping Beasts Viking Hirdmen) and experimenting with them. I will be updating the Suppliers List, although only once I've bought and converted the final few models.

I've also decided on the colours of each Fiefdom. These may not suit everyone and could represent a household/division that carries these colours. Obviously mix and match to suit your own needs best.

Anfalas
Household Guard - Silver Armour, Blue/ Brown surcoat and shield, light Brown cloak, Cream/ White Tunic
Hunters - Browns, Greens and Greys
Pinnath Gelin - Green and Yellow trims

Belfalas
Dol Amroth - Blue and White
Men at arms - White details and light Blue sash

Lamedon
BRV archers - the same as the GW scheme (Brown, Grey and Blue)
Clansmen - Dark Brown kilts with pale trim, Grey/ Brown sash, Earth coloured boots and cloth
Ringlo - Pale Red and Browny Yellow horizontal patterned cloth with gold details.

Lebennin
Militia - Silver and Green cloth with Black and White patterned trim
Wardens of Pelargir - Not 100% sure yet but will include pale Blues and Browns/ Greys.

Lossarnach
Axemen - White sash with green trim

Photos of newly painted models to follow :wink:

Post subject: Re: The Southern Fiefdoms - Golasgil's House
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:18 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

I bring thee progress of Golasgils Household Guard and the Lord Golasgil himself, armour painted Boltgun Metal, Mithril Silver, Black Ink wash and a final Mithril Silver highlight. Also started on the colours too, Enchanted Blue mixed with a small amount Scorched Brown to keep it looking fairly dull as can be seen in the pics. The shields will remain this colour but the cloth will have an highlight or two.

The blues represent the connection with the sea, after all the Langstrand is a stretch of coastland, and I will be working in some sandy coloured cloth, perhaps one of garments as oppose to a large area like the cloak. The cloak will almost certainly be a warm Brown colour with White fur for the Golasgil Miniature.

Also been working on the Men at Arms which are fairly easy to paint given 95% of the model is covered in armour.

Also a quick mention for my Wardens of Pelargir. Since another poster came up with the idea of a largely Red uniform I couldn't get it out my head, and nearly abandoned all my concept work and banners in favour of it. The final colours I've posted above. The 8 Wardens which are infact Numenorean spearmen have had a bit of Greenstuff applied to their leather armour to smoothen out the cloth (I didn't like the raised trim). Minor work but it means I can go for a block colour now or perhaps a pattern if I'm feeling up to it.

Finally, I've been busy with the scenarios and their participants and while there is the option to take Suladan and Dalamyr there aren't any other named heroes. So I've decided to come up with a cross-breed and given it some special rules to boot! The model is the old Suladan version with a Greenstuff helmet conversion. Let me know if you think the points value is appropriate. The latter part of his name is of Middle Eastern origin I believe.

Malek-Dhow - 110 points
Descended from Black Numenorean blood and raised in Umbar, Malek-Dhow's name has grown to be feared along the coastal towns of Gondor. Taught from an early age by the Hasharii, Malek-Dhow is an experienced fighter. One of Saurons deadliest servants, the Knight of Umbar recognised his worth and quickly manipulated the mind and will of the the young man to further corrupt his views of their common enemy. Bitter and twisted, Malek-Dhow now commands one of fleets of Umbar, raiding and plundering the fair lands of Gondor, killing all who oppose his will!

Wargear
Malek-Dhow is a Corsair Commander, he wears armour, carries a Schimitar smeared in a coat of sticky poison and also conceals a number of throwing daggers.

F S D A W C M W F
5/3+ 4 5 3 2 4 2 3 1

Special Rules
The Bane of Kings. Each time Malek-Dhow strikes a model, but fails to wound, he must re-roll the D6
Corrupted by Evil. The mind and will of Malek-Dhow has been twisted to such an extent that he now pours all his efforts into destroying the lands of his enemy. At the beginning of the Fight phase (before Heroic Combats are resolved) Malek-Dhow may expend a single point of Will to increase his Fight Value by one for the remainder of the turn. He may only expend a single point of Will in this way each turn.
Faceless Mask. Malek-Dhow hides a hideous past, many know of the brutal treatment he suffered at the hands of the Nazgul. The mask he now bares causes Terror.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:56 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

a lot of job u have there :P good luck and keep us updated ^^

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:42 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

WOW! I love your conversions of the Fountain Guards! I think I might just steal the idea for my fiefdoms army :D But seriously, you inspire me to make my own fiefdoms army! :D

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:33 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Cheers guys, and yes definitely do, I'd love to see your versions! I took my inspiration from a hobbyist on the HDR Tabletop forum.

Currently trying to finish Golasgil and the Household Guard off before I start on anything new. Here's were I am up to with the base colours. The cloak is a mixture of Vermin Brown and Blood Red with a small amount of Skull White. Should I make the cloak lighter/darker? Washing Devlan Mud onto it seems the most appealing. Also what about the centre cloth bit. Should that be a dark colour (it's currently black) or should I go for a lighter cream/white look? I was thinking white like the Templars but grey might work, suggestions please :)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:42 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

i agree devlin mud for the cloak then you can decide how far to rehighlight from there. The ctr cloth - cream is good with blue freehand swirlies :wink:

More of my work at

www.ShadowandFlame.co.uk
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next