All times are UTC

It is currently Mon Oct 07, 2024 1:44 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Cruci's WIP
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:20 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Hi guys!

Matt, you'll have to wait a bit. I'm not really happy with Aragorn and will try to better him before you get a close up. But when he is done I'll do a close up \o/

Figured I should upload my Arathorn and Halbarad since they are done.

I saw The Hobbit last night at the midnight screening and got this urge to paint a dwarf! So I started painting my Three hunters gimli this morning, I am really proud of him and he was really fun to paint. The photos does not do him justice, he looks so much better in real. I'd even go so far to say that he is the best painted model I've done so far!

Next up on the painting list is three grey company models and possible Legolas (three hunters).
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:25 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Nice! Looking forward to your grey company models :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:27 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Very nice!
The basing is also very good and I really like that Arathorn model 8)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:28 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hurry up with Aragorn already! :p can't wait to see him!

Your other models look super too!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:39 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Thank you guys for the kind comments \o/

I just completed painting and just applied sand to the base for my last grey company model. I'll let it dry and then finish him tomorrow if I get time with christmas and all. I'm liked painting two of them the third one was poorly sculpted but I think I managed to do a good job on him aswell. I found a TS version of the Hobbit online with top quality sound, which served as good background noise and as audiobook. Really motivted me in to painting. I also finshied my Legolas last week, I think he turned out quite well.

The next models to get is a blister of Dunedains of the North and another batch of Rangers of Middle Earth. The plan with the other batch of Rangers of Middle Earth is to paint the models with that I painted with green cloaks in the old batch is to paint those models with grey cloaks. and to do the same with the models that got grey cloaks currently. The reasoning for that is that I want to be able to do a real "Grey Company" lead by Aragorn and a group of rangers and dunedains lead by Arathorn. Altho I could mix Arathorn's rangers with grey cloaks as they do well side by side. I found the Rangers of Middle Earth was really enjoyable to pain, some of the models got really good and cool poses aswell. So I feel that it won't be too much work doing this project.

I'm sorry for the long post, I'll hopefully upload pictures of the Grey Company models tomorrow, aswell as the Three Hunters otherwise in a near future. And Matt I'll do a close up on Aragorn now ;)
 Post subject: Cruci's WIP big pic update
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:16 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Here are my Grey Company models. I know I'm slow showing them since my last post. I've been quite busy unfortunately.

And here is my Three Hunters

Last but not least is my holiday project, I managed to get a hold of the Aragorn Helm's Deep model from Ebay. He is my first attempt at nmm and I put quite a lot of work in to him from trying the nmm which I'm not sure if I'll ever do again since it was really hard. I also spent a lot of time on the base. I tried doing some water on the base with silicone then painting that and adding several layers of sand to base just to make a slope. The thought was to resemble the charge that Aragorn and the elves do after the wall has exploded at the battle of Helm's Deep. Unfortunately I don't think you can really see it in any of the pictures since my camera frankly sucks.
But enough rambling from me, here are the pics!

C&C/Feedback are really appreciated!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:02 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Hi again One-Ring!

So I went to GW the other day to buy some more Rangers of Arnor and the North and some Dunedains the other day. Ordering the rangers of the North and Dunedains went without a problem but they had no Rangers of Middle Earth left in the store and but they would get some new ones by this thursday. So I bought a pack of Warriors of Minas Tirith instead of any Rangers of Arnor just to have something to paint. The fingers started itching /o\ I also bought some green stuff as I wanted to try that out. So I made tiles for the bases of the Warriors of Minas Tirith I know it is not the hardest thing to sculpt, but I think a pretty decent job. The thought behind it was to make it look like they were at Osgiliath with tiles and rumble on the ground.

So here they are my first Warriors of Minas Tirith.

I gave the tiles a Brown wash, to make them look a bit dirtier. I could skip that and do them brighter. Because I think I read some where that Osgiliath/Minas Tirith had almost White/very bright grey. What do you guys think?

C&C/Feedback are as Always appreciated =)
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:04 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

How do I change the name of the post btw so it says Cruci's WIP - Warriors of Minas Tirith?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:06 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Go to the first page and edit your first post, you should be able to change the title there ;)

Post subject: Re: Cruci's WIP Update Warriors of Minas Tirith 1/15/2013
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:59 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Cheers Matt o/
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:10 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

No problem! Your warriors of MT look very good! It's a shame the picture's so dark but the bases look fine as they are. Did you sculpt the tiles with green stuff?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:17 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Everything you have done is amazing. I love the bases! Those gondor troops look awesome, how did you make the tiles on your bases?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:31 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

I love your grey company mate, really love 'em... I will keep working on mine to look that good!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:08 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Liking it

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:32 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Very nice!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:07 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Thanks for the kind respones!

@ matt and John.

I just smeared the green stuff over the base then used an old knife to carve in the lines. Really easy to do and looks kind of neat \o/

I'm thinking to put the remaining WoMT on hold as I just picked up my order of Dunedains and Rangers of the North to complete my Arnor force. Then I'll see if I wil build up a Minas Tirith force. Or try to get something more colorful to paint =)
 Post subject: Re:Cruci's WIP Update Ranger of the North and Dunedain 1/21/
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:23 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Hi One-ring, a quick update.

Just completed painting my first Dunedain and Ranger of the North last night. I thought I'd share the outcome to you guys.

Ranger of the North:

I was really excited about painting this guy at first but as I worked on him, he did not really feel like a Ranger, but more of an elf. I think it is because he reminds me a lot Haldir with a bow. I think they got the same haircut. But it was fun to paint him anyhow =)

Dunedain:

He was the most fun of the two to paint. And out of the blister with Dunedains,I got the him and the two worst/ugliest sculpts of the Dunedain models in my opinion. So he felt like a good start. I guess it is the worst part about ordering not getting to chose the blister and what models are in it :(

As always please C&C

//Crucifer
 Post subject: Re: Cruci's WIP Update Ranger of the North & Dunedain 1/21/2
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:00 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Hello again One-Ring!

Finished my other Rangers of the North yesterday. So here they are!

Solo Pictures:

Group Picture:

Now it's just the Dunedains left. Then I'm almost done with my Arnor force, might get the Twins aswell:P

As allways please C&C
 Post subject: Re: Cruci's WIP Update Ranger of the North 1/24/2013
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:41 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Love them! Where do you get your basing stuff from and what's your method?

Post subject: Re: Cruci's WIP Update Ranger of the North 1/24/2013
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:38 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Very well painted. Going to start an Arnor force in a few days and I want some rangers of the north without spears but don't really like the models. I really love the Dunedain sculpts but do not think they will be durable enough in battle for a model almost 25 pts. My only option is the grey company models, which I like, but I don't want them all to have spears. Is there an obvious way to get around this?
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next