All times are UTC

It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 7:17 pm

Post subject: Re: Azog's Miniature Journey - WIP
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 12:36 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

A Happy coincidence as this is all stuff I did a long time ago. The photos for the Orc conversion are dated 29th September 2004. I believe I read about doing head-swaps and arm swaps in a magazine (White Dwarf) I think and it suggested that it was relatively easy to do it with plastics and a sharp knife.

This sort of makes sense since I joined the One Ring on the 12th April, 2004 to learn how to do figure painting etc. for my sons. (9 years ago ... arrrghh). I had never done this sort of thing before so it was a steep learning curve for a 44 year old.

They would have been 14 and 11 at the time so Dad would have been set on to do this for them. They also need scenery to do their battles with. I think they got the Two Towers set for one Xmas from the Games Workshop shop in Meadowhall Sheffield, now sadly closed.

I've just checked and the films were released in the UK in 2001, 2002 and 2003 and the first issue of Battle Games in Middle Earth (that I collected) was 2002 with the final one in July 2006 so that seems to make sense time-wise.

Azog

Forum Guidelines
http://www.one-ring.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=25260