All times are UTC

It is currently Mon Sep 30, 2024 7:37 pm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:06 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

I think this discussion warrants a bump, because this is the premier LOTR site on the net and a FAQ is on the cards.

There are some good lists over what is costed wrong and what isn't, but could there be any action to produce house rules, even if GW never corrects its mistakes?

I for one find the game really good, but I am not going to start an army for real before there's some sort of solution to the ridiculousness that exists in the lists. That may be never.

I'm all for taking part in any house rule project, but seeing as my playing experience is so limited it's better for experienced players taking the lead.

If the Warhammer forum can do it with their ETC rules, perhaps so can we!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:24 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I also really like the game. Like many of GWs games it does not fare well in a tournament setting, it is just not balanced. For casual gameplay it is great. I would definitely be up for creating house rules and modified points costs to help balance it. However, I do not want to put lots of time into it only to find out the FAQ changes the balance. (issues about epic strike and duels are very important.) Thus, I think it would be best to wait a few weeks to see if a FAQ is forthcoming.

At least many of us have now seen battlehosts and know how it effects the balance of the game.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:51 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Well, it would indeed be good if GW saw fit to balance the army lists in one fell swoop with the faq, and I'd applaud them for it,
but seeing as this is usually not the domain of FAQs, it's indeed the community that has to step up after we see the ramifications the FAQ has on the game.

Here's hoping they come to their senses and announce duels to be sacrosanct - no messing around with fight values in them.