All times are UTC

It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 7:39 pm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 9:21 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Azure Rathalos wrote:
I think he does get the bonus for the glaive as thats what he weilds and also it would fit with the spirit of the game IMO.

It seems GW wrote the rules with more grey areas than an elven cloak! :lol:

Still if you take Glorfindel, take inner glory too, then heroic challange the biggest, nastiest thing in the enemy army 8) (doing this means he can kill a Balrog like he does in the books :D )

Oh i overlooked that fortune... hmmm inner glory with an all elven based army... the potential for some seriously evil charges does exist.

Shame you can't give him Hero of the Hour, +1 fight and +1 courage, coupled with the Glave would go nicely for a Fight of 9 and Courage of 6... Truly making him the Hero of the hour!!!

Can you take the same fortune twice, i just scanned the fortune/fate rule section and can't find anything saying you can't.

I really didn't know whether or not to take Glorfindal for my Rivendell/Lothlorien army, but i am seriously considering taking him to be honest...

We shall see, i'll most likely get all the big elven heroes to add to my collection of captains and then pick the heroes depending on the game. :rofl:
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 9:26 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

hithero wrote:
This does need adding to an FAQ and I have done so, but going back on the logic issue, if Glorfindel gets a +1F for a glaive then why doesn't Elrond or Arwen or any of the other elves? They are not going to fight unarmed but would have their own elven blades.

No, the description of a heroic brawl :p where weapon bonuses have no effect and Glorfidel being his own formation is proof to me that Glorfidel would not get a bonus.

Ok, Khand kings are monsters and have two-handed weapons, if what you say is true then how do you handle them? -1F but no +1 To Hit, as they don't roll To Hit in Heroic Duels? That don't seem fair or logical to me.

The other elven heroes don't say they carry Glaves, it is entirely reasonable that they carry elven swords that are simply hand weapons (like the one Arwen has at the Ford... it has a smaller handle so can't be used with the nice fluid movements that a hand and a half grip allow...[i know i study a variety of fighting arts and eastern grips are far easy to move fluidly with in general])

Thus they are not going to get a benefit.

For the Kings it would be relatively simple... Just +1 to the dice rolled on the heroic duel table, carrying the theme of harder to win a fight, easier to kill when you do!!

However i agree this is all strictly our own derivitations, assumptions. A solid FAQ from GW would make me a happy man, i don't mind which they pick so long as the address such an obvious question...

Perhaps i'll email the team, maybe they might be so nice as to explain the situation to me even if they won't FAQ... It would also add to their awareness of the situation (they can't post an FAQ if no one tells them about the questions :lol: )
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 9:34 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Quote:
For the Kings it would be relatively simple... Just +1 to the dice rolled on the heroic duel table, carrying the theme of harder to win a fight, easier to kill when you do!!
Thats not in the rules though.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:09 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

hithero wrote:
Quote:

You got me, but when have GW rules been inconsistant? As i said, it makes no sense for a hero not to be able to use his personal weapons, and as RAW go there is nothing saying he can't.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 5:43 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Brutoni wrote:
hithero wrote:
Quote:

You got me, but when have GW rules been inconsistant? As i said, it makes no sense for a hero not to be able to use his personal weapons, and as RAW go there is nothing saying he can't.

GW uses a permissive rules set. If it doesn't say he can, he can't.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 8:20 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

King Under the Mountain wrote:
Brutoni wrote:
hithero wrote:
Quote:

GW uses a permissive rules set. If it doesn't say he can, he can't.

If you expect me not to try and explain or discuss my reasoning and thoughts about the rules everytime someone says no then its probably just as well we are unlikely to ever play a game together :lol:

Of course, you will find in one of my recent posts on the site me sayign that if someone doesn't like something either roll for it or let it go. The rules will never cover every eventuality and you will have to sort it out with your opponent....

Hehe, i remember some very heated and vivid discussions with my best friend when our Eldar and Dark Eldar met on the battlefield. It was always sorted in the end though!!