All times are UTC

It is currently Tue Oct 01, 2024 10:27 pm

Post subject: Harad + Easterlings list xferring from Fansty!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:56 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Hey guys just to give you some background, i'm an old LOTR player, who started back when the first book came out with the fellowship and played through the movies and made the switch to Warhammer fantasy, the player base took a huge dive after the movies ended ='(

So i waited it out and low and behold WoTR released, i know i'm a little late but after a Bizzare Bazaar, i got a Mumakil and mounted Easterlings for 25 bucks!, has forced me to play harad and easterlings. I'm excited as i've never considered playing an evil army other than isengard, and i was really hoping to only be playing an army of Arnor focusing on the Grey Company, but since this was such a sweet deal i couldn't pass it up.

I have a few questions, mainly, whats are the unit upgrades worth taking? Like under the easterling kataphraks there's captains, and dragon knights, and a wizard, banner bearer, and a blower O.o I know the banner bearer is incredibly usful for charging cavalry, but what about the others? Do Ringwraiths count as Allys?

Here's a quick 1k list i'm building up too. The orginal plan was to have an all Cav easterling and Harad hoard, with a Mumak as well as a Wraith on a Fell Beast. But i realized that Cav can't enter buildings that i might have to capture to control buildings to win the scenario!!!!

Amdur Lord of Blades - 165pts

Easterlings Kataphrakt Cohort - 140pts.
3x Companies
-Banner

Serpent Riders - 140pts.
3x Companies
-Banner
-Bows

Haradrim Raiders - 90pts.
-3x Companies
-Bows

Haradrim Raiders - 90 pts
-3x Companies
-Bows

Mumak -250

Right now i'm hanging out at 875pts. I'm using the raiders as harrassing and flanking units, the kataphraks and serpent riders for my heavy cav. I'm thinking about adding in a big formation of Easterlings with pikes to be more of a solid line and capture objectives.

help and thanks in advane!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:13 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Certain ringwraiths can be picked for the fallen realms list the same as epic heroes without having to ally. These are listed in the footnote box at the end of the fallen realms list.
generally speaking you'd want some infantry to take objectives, especially but in a cavalry force winning by simply killing or driving off everything in the other army can be fun too.
If you want my advice you should add some easterling warriors to your army. easterling infantry is solid and better than their cavalry in my opinion. they are cheap enough to field in numbers and solid enough to hold their own against just about anything your opponent can bring to the table, especially when armed with pikes.
Serpent riders are NOT heavy cav. they are light cavlary and should be used as such. charging across the board with defense 4 will result in quite a few casualties so try to use cover or screening units to get the most out of them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:16 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Not sure if you realised, but you seem to have posted this twice. I replied in the other thread, but forgot some things.

War Priests: At 100 points, you could field two companies with pikes/bows and one standard company of Easterlings. having said that, they use what I feel is the more useful of the two common Evil lores: Ruin, which is direct damage and is really does do damage. Ultimately though, I wouldn't take one in a thousand points because it's 10% of your army and can be duelled, which it will NOT win without poor/brilliant dice rolling.

Easterling infantry is great. I, personally, love the look of them in the first place, but they are as tough as Gondor, have a high Fight (for the Fallen Realms list), have a high courage (looking at just the standard formations from fallen realms) and have access to pikes (bumping them up an extra point of fight and eliminating charge bonuses). Having said that, getting the models for pike-armed Easterlings is lengthy and expensive: you get half as many with pikes in a box as you do other equipment and the blisters (which I don't think are sold now), were £8 for two with pike and one with sword. If you can get hold of some, do so, if not, that's a crying shame, lol.