All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 7:19 am

Post subject: Battlehosts is out
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 6:11 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Well Battlehosts is out. Looks fair enough and certainly something I would use where I already have the figures.
However I was really hoping it would include errata or a FAQ? Such a missed opportunity :(
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 6:25 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

I don't think I've seen an Errata / FAQ in a published LotR book from GW yet, so that's not a surprise (I am disappointed they haven't given us a good one online yet though).

My LGS isn't open on Mon/Tues so I hope to take a look at it tomorrow. Not sure if I'm going to pick it up right away but we'll see...

Either way, I'm glad it's out now so that a larger audience will have a chance to see it and we can get some good discussions going here.

http://TacticsInMiniature.com
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 9:38 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

their is an faq on the gw website it came out the weekend before battlehosts came out. not much in it but its better then nothing.
unfortunately gothmog is still as broken as always, i hate him so much he is the most underpriced unit in the game

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 11:57 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Gothmog I can handle, on a parity basis. Since pretty much everyone gets an underpriced cheap commander.

While he is one of the best of those, I don't think he is anywhere near as broken as some other heroes.

Arguably, the faq confirming Epic Strike in duels makes some of them much worse, it's quite likely that a hero will survive an ES duel if they also have ES.

Thankfully there is Boromir and 'desperate heroics', a store of might so big he can just keep dueling till he gets his target. It's a pity, since I rather preferred the Aragorn model.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 9:20 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Ya well we always used epic strike in duels. Its worked well, it does make it harder to kill heroes. and gothmog always copies it if you use it and calls it if you don't.
two guys i play wotr with collect mordor and gondor and boromir always cuts gothmog a new one.

aragorn is probably my favourite hero but i can't see why they made the captain of gondor better then the king.