All times are UTC

It is currently Tue Oct 01, 2024 7:29 am

Post subject: WOTR 1500pts lothlorien theme
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:32 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

hi guys, first attempt at a WOTR list, and since ive just started a lothlorien army for SBG it made sense to plan to expand to a reasonable sized WOTR army.

From reading a few posts it seems elves are even more fragile in WOTR than they ever were in SBG and that maximising archery, magic and special rules is a must, so with that in mind, my first attempt at an elven list:

Galadriel, Lady of lothlorien
Celeborn

Galadhrim Regiment, Banner, Shields - 4 comp
Galadhrim Regiment, Banner -4 comp
Wood Elf Warband, Longbows - 2 comp

Galadhrim Knights, Banner, Captain - 4 comp

Gildors Household - 4 comp

A few questions i have are whether or not to swap out Celeborn and ally in a wizard, but im concerned that this would leave me without a combat hero, and celeborn could still be of some use in the magic stakes as it is. I'm not sure at all whether its worth banners on the Galadhrim regiments and whilst i know many recommend shields over glaives, im trying to be a bit realistic in the money it would cost me to buy the army, ruling out the 64 shield equipped elves (or 8 boxes leaving me with 128 elves with bows and glaives im not likely to use :o ), and if i should drop these to bump up the knights, and finally whether to drop down Gildors household slightly and add more regular woodelves, although i'd like to maximise his magic effects on his own unit, and dont really know if its worth taking the legendary unit if i dont max it out and get the most use out of the initial company's cost.

Thanks in advance :)

Post subject: Re: WOTR 1500pts lothlorien theme
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:06 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Drop the banners on the infantry and give the Galadhrim without equipment shields or bows and put another company on the wood elves. Idk how useful having Gildor's Household as 4 companies would be as they are ambushers and won't be able to fit in many terrain features. I might be tempted to drop GH all together and get some more formations. With 400 points you could get another 3x3 company formations of wood elves which would probably serve you better or you could get another large formation of shield galadhrim or 2.

Post subject: Re: WOTR 1500pts lothlorien theme
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:50 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

spuds has given good advice. I would drop Gildor's Household in favour of another Common fomation; perhaps some more Knights. Celeborn and Galadriel will definetly provide enough Magic between them, and (like you said), Celeborn is still capable of duelling enemy Heroes.