All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 8:35 am

Post subject: Redeveloping my WOTR Arnor Army
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:48 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I have lately been playing too much power gaming for my tastes. I am a solid Gondor player and stepped into the game to create an army of Arnor, completely independant from the rest of the Gondor forces that i could paint and play as a themed list while still being effective. I have gotten away from that as my competitiveness may have taken over, rangers were accompanied by Warriors of Minas Tirith, Knights and siege equipment. while this was great for my W-L ratio, i think i lost 1 game to a dwarf player with over 4 ballista formations, all of which having 3 in each formation.

Anyway i'm looking for a couple more ideas before i drop into the remaining funds i have for an army. It will mostly be composed of Rangers of Arnor, i have quite a bit of them, i think enough to make 6 companies, and enough Rangers of the North for 4 companies plus a couple of key characters, halbarad, aragorn, legolas, and gimil. I am well aware of how much getting enough warriors of Arnor will cost to make an effective formation, i figured i would run them in formations of 4 companies to keep them tough against those courage checks!

But what else can i include? What other formations/characters would have fought alongside the Men of Arnor? My army is centraled around the theme that the War of the Ring is currently going on, or it may have just ended, and by a miracle Halbarad cheated death and kept leading the Grey Company alongside Aragorn. So this does mean that no King Arevdui and Malbeth the seer =/

Anyway i appreciate all input and thoughts into my struggles as i'm still developing the idea and constantly looking for feedback.

Cal
 Post subject: Re: Redeveloping my WOTR Arnor Army
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:03 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

I don't see anything wrong with KoMT because I'm sure that Arnor would have had cavalry formations, although I would convert them to match my WoA.

Do what is right, love mercy, and walk humbly

Battle Companies