All times are UTC

It is currently Mon Jul 08, 2024 4:14 pm

Post subject: RingWraiths spirit grasp
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:51 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

What is the point of a ringwraith having spirit grasp if he can't use it unless he is in a company with the spirit grasp rule? Is this correct that I couldn't place a ringwraith into a company of goblins and use spirit grasp?
 Post subject: Re: RingWraiths spirit grasp
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:52 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

No, Teror is the only special rule that transfers, and this has been asked a hunderd time,it is still no.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:59 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Ahh sorry, didn't know it's been asked many times. Thanx
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:12 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

The "official" reason given for why heroes have abilities like that is that it is for fluff reasons. Frankly I think it is just another symptom of the lazy writing that went into WotR creation and playtesting. Virtually every issue with the game would have been solved by simply having someone actually proofread the book and play a few games.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:13 am 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

ForgottenLore wrote:
The "official" reason given for why heroes have abilities like that is that it is for fluff reasons. Frankly I think it is just another symptom of the lazy writing that went into WotR creation and playtesting. Virtually every issue with the game would have been solved by simply having someone actually proofread the book and play a few games.

+1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:12 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

For a first edition of the game, its not that bad. A small number of issues that are either resolved by the short FAQ or a brief chat amongst your local group to agree how to play the what's left of the uncertain cases.

What really concerns me is that while the first ed is pretty good, I think this is due to it being a first-run. I suspect that another run through is going to require so me serious errata and FAQ soon after release - because GW do not seem to manage their revisions well.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:14 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Xelee wrote:
For a first edition of the game, its not that bad. A small number of issues that are either resolved by the short FAQ or a brief chat amongst your local group to agree how to play the what's left of the uncertain cases.

What really concerns me is that while the first ed is pretty good, I think this is due to it being a first-run. I suspect that another run through is going to require so me serious errata and FAQ soon after release - because GW do not seem to manage their revisions well.

Funny you say that i was thinking that even though WOTR has some road blocks the game is very good for first edition ( due to the amount of mistakes made before with the 40k and warhammer rules). I just hope that if there is a new edition it doesnt change much, just subtle small changes that make the game clearer, precise and easier to understand.

ForgottenLore wrote:

Well I would be suprised if they didnt alreayd run the game through a few times thats seems unliky, however your right with the amount of mistakes there is it is obvious they havent done sufficient testing for wotr.