All times are UTC

It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 7:28 pm

Post subject: thelordcal's updated gaming experience
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:10 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Hey y'all haven't posted in awhile so i thought i might updat you in whats been going on with some lists.

So as most of you know i play Arnor, but with lack of cavalary and the strength that they have in both versions of the game, i've purchased 24x KoMT and thrown some cloaks on their backs to look more like rangers. Painting is of course slow, i have all of the heroes done, along with 16x RotN, and 16x RoA, and 10x KoMT.

Gaming wise i've gone 10-0 in 1000pts in WoTR and currently have picked SBG back up and have been 3-0 since then at 400pts level. My lists are as follows:

SBG:

5x RotN -> 130pts.
-spears
5x KoMT -> 90pts.
-banner
20x RoA -> 180pts.
-spears

War of the Ring:

Aragorn
Elladan, Elrohir

The Grey Company
4x Companies
Banner of the King

3x Companies of Rangers of Arnor
3x Companies of Rangers of Arnor
6x Companies of KoMT
6x Companies of KoMT

don't have my book on me some1 should run the list 1 more time for me on the points if you wouldn't mind. It might only be 4x companies of Knights at 1k and i bump it up to 6 at 1500... i haven't played in a month i can't remember!

cal
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:24 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Congrats. It sounds like you have a solid list and you're getting very comfortable with it.

I know you're heavily invested in KoMT as stand-in so don't fret on this, but I had considered using RoR as the base for mounted Rangers. The lighter-armored models just seem more appropriate and I thought with a cloak to cover the obvious Rohan helm and perhaps a few other minor tweaks they would be good stand-ins.

I like your WotR list (can't confirm points at work I'm afraid). I was thinking a Gray Company / Army of the Dead combo when I wrap up my Rohan army (which I'm just starting...yeah...I plan way in advance :oops: ) and the Ranger part looks very similar to some of what you have below.

What have you mostly been facing with such a great track record? I am proud and confident in my play skill and army compositions but I usually only run about 75% - 80% wins in my local group based on my army, my opponents force and the scenario. That's a lot of games to maintain a zero-loss streak you have.

http://TacticsInMiniature.com
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:21 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

The total comes to 985 on the WotR army.

I've played dwarves, uruks, harad, and easterlings primarily.