All times are UTC

It is currently Mon Sep 30, 2024 4:18 am

Post subject: i must have missed something
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:50 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

hi,

i am new to this game and will be playing my first game in a few weeks with my son( he got in to it and needs an opponent,and thats a great excuse for me to start) and i had a question.

if i dont have line of sight with my archers, how do i fire at the enemy? i am guessing this is where the volley i have read about comes in to play? cant find that rule in the rulebook though. so im asking here. all i can find is about supporting fire and volley, but those rules say you must have the front formation having line fo sight and you just support them, but if i am say 20" away with troops in the way of my target, how do i fire?

hopefully you understand what im getting at

cheers björn
 Post subject: Re: i must have missed something
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:12 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Its a company by company basis. You need to be in range, within your front arc and a clear shot without obstacles (direct line of sight) to the targets majority facing. If you have all these its all your attacks + shoot value.

Now if you would of had all these conditions if your front line of your formation were not there than its support fire. Otherwise no support.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:41 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

I think you are combining rules from two different games Bjorn. Ony SBG has volley fire that allows you to shoot over over troops (as long as one model on the table can see the target) WOTR doesn't allow it, the companies have to be able to see the target.
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:20 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

sounds about right, i have been reading on here for a few weeks and its was hard at first separating the two SBG and WOTR. so it wouldn´t suprise me if a few of the SBG rules snuck in my head, cheers for clearing it up :)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:57 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Yes, hithero is right in Wotr you can only shoot at a enemy that you can see. so you must be in front of the formation or on a elevated position like a hill or ruin.