All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Oct 05, 2024 5:38 pm

Post subject: Paper Miniatures?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:27 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

well as everyone is well aware of is that GW minis are expensive so i was trying to figure something more economical and i thought of paper mini's (ik there's ebay and amazon and stuff like that but still).so whats everybodys thoughts on making and using paper models? i pain-stakingly hand drew some pretty sweet warriors of rohan and then for some orcs i found some D&D paper mini's online that i cut out.anyhoo,what i do is take a compass or the base of another mini and create a bunch of them on some cardboard (foam board would prob work to).the minis are just the drawing or photo (to scale of course) with a tab at the bottom for attachment to the base.ik its not "official" and maybe even a bit tacky but i wanna see what everyone thinks :^)

Click my link,you know you wanna: http://blackreaper93.blogspot.com/
 Post subject: Re: Paper Miniatures?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:46 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Until your post I couldn't understand why anybody would want to use card mini's at all as part of the fun is collecting and painting models. Why not find cheaper alternatives than GW or just ebay the models.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:16 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

I tried that with hobbit archers using wood 1" round wood dowels and some glued on hobbits but I found them a little embarrassing (they will never stop making jokes...) So I ditched that idea and started to collect as many fellowship hobbits as I could. I found the effort not worth while.

I buy everything used so for and trade the army I'm not collecting to my friends. Much cheaper and my friends armies are filling up quite nicely. I collect Gondor mainly which the majority seems to be followed by Orcs. (My friends like these to least so ya. :D)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:59 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

I say go ahead! Who is someone else to tell you what you find fun. I'm certainly not against paper miniatures and would be more than happy to create some myself, though this is coming from a Role Player and Gamer rather than a Modeller.