S 4
D 6
A 3
W 2
C 6
Wargear:Sword, Heavy Armour
Armoured Horse: 15 pnts
Shield: 5 pnts
Special Rules: King of the Riddermark Theoden has a 12'' Standfast!
Expert Rider
Magic:
Aura of Dismay 4+

Instead of magic you should give him something similar to Thranduil's 'Circlet of Kings'.

So maybe:
The Glory of Rohan: The King of Rohan has an inspiring presence on the battlefield. Once per game Theoden (Pellenor Fields) may cast the magical power 'Aura of Command', this power is automaticaly cast and it's effects last for the duration of the turn.
OR
The Wrath of Rohan: The mere presence of Theoden, The King of Rohan on the battlefield instills fear into the hearts of the evil minions of the eye. Once per game Theoden (Pellenor Fields) can unvail his wrath, the magical power 'Aura of Dismay' is automaticaly cast and it's effects last for the duration of the turn.

Backlog Reduction Oath Participant - 6/53
 Post subject: Re: The House of Profiles
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:12 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Since this seems to be the place to repost...

Alatar and Pallando 300 pts

The Blue Wizards travel together and must be placed on the table within 3" of each other. After the battle commences they may move about as normal.

Alatar, The Radiant One
F S D A W C M/W/F
5/- 4 5 1 3 7 3/6*/3

Wargear
Alatar carries his staff (two-handed weapon) and wears a cloak of deepest blue. At additional cost Alatar may be given the following:

The Lost Palantir of Annúminas...........20 pts
Ragnarok........................................5 pts
Horse .............................................10 pts

Special Rules
*Staff of Power. See main rules on Gandalf
Wise Fool. The allegiance of the Ithryn Luin is uncertain. To represent this, if one of the blue wizards is slain in battle, the remaining wizard becomes controlled by the general on the opposing force. His fight value, courage and defense all suffer a -2 penalty for this treachery.
The Lost Palantir of Annúminas. During their voyages, Alatar and Pallando traveled to the far North to the Icebay of Forochel, and found there the shipwreck of Arvedui, the Last King of Arnor. There they uncovered two of The Lost Palantri. The Annúminas seeing stone allows its master, once per game to attain priority. He must declare prior to any dice being rolled.
Ragnarok. A Dwarven Blade of Mithril, gifted to Alatar from the dwarves of the Iron Hills. Alatar's Strength stat is increased by 1 when he uses this sword.

Magical Powers
Terrifying Aura 2+
Cast Blinding Light 2+
Sorcerer's Blast 12" 5+
Call Winds 12" 2+
Nature's Wrath 6" 5+

Pallando, The Far Traveling One

F S D A W C M/W/F
5/- 4 5 1 3 7 3/6*/3

Pallando carries his staff (two-handed weapon) and wears a cloak of deepest blue. At additional cost Pallando may be given:

The Lost Palantir of Amon Sul........60pts

Special Rules
*Staff of Power. See above
One with Nature. See rules for Radagast, in The Fall of the Necromancer.
Wise Fool. See Alatar
The Lost Palantir of Amon Sul During their voyages, Alatar and Pallando traveled to the far North to the Icebay of Forochel, and found there the shipwreck of Arvedui, the Last King of Arnor. There they uncovered two of The Lost Palantri. The Amon Sul seeing stone allows its master the mightiest gift of foresight. If a friendly model within 6" of Pallando is wounded, roll 1D6. On a 5+, the model suffers no wound. Affected friendly models may also use fate as usual.

Magical Powers
Terrifying Aura 2+
Renew 6" 3+
Strengthen Will 12" 4+
Sap Will 12" 5+
"Make Haste!" 6" 5+ Cast at the start of the move phase. Friendly models within earshot are filled with zeal for battle. All allies 6" from the caster may move and additional 2" in the move phase. They are not required to end their movement within 6" of the caster. Affected models may not take part in any heroic moves this turn.

Last edited by Mor-galad of Greenwood on Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:57 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Okay, I'll swich to a special rule.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:53 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Location: Before the gates of another fortress, telling those maggots that they have to form ranks!
ShadowMaster26 wrote:
Theoden(Pellenor Fields) 105 pnts
M/W/F
3/2/1
F 5
S 4
D 6
A 3
W 2
C 6
Wargear:Sword, Heavy Armour
Armoured Horse: 15 pnts
Shield: 5 pnts
Special Rules: King of the Riddermark Theoden has a 12'' Standfast!
Wrath of Rohan Once per game, Theoden may use the spell Aura of Dismay. It is auto-cast and requires no will points.
Expert Rider

Hé, wouldn't it be cool when he automatiqly has a horse ?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:34 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Shouldn't Theoden (Pelennor Fields) have zero Fate?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:05 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Location: Before the gates of another fortress, telling those maggots that they have to form ranks!
Yes, following the mehtod you used to calculate thorins fate, he should have no fate

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:21 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Fixed.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:51 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Mor-galad of Greenwood wrote:

The Blue Wizards travel together and must be placed on the table within 3" of each other. After the battle commences they may move about as normal.

Alatar, The Radiant One
F S D A W C M/W/F
5/- 4 5 1 3 7 3/6*/3

Wargear
Alatar carries his staff (two-handed weapon) and wears a cloak of deepest blue. At additional cost Alatar may be given the following:

Special Rules
Wise Fool. The allegiance of the Ithryn Luin is uncertain. To represent this, if one of the blue wizards is slain in battle, the remaining wizard becomes controlled by the general on the opposing force. His fight value, courage and defense all suffer a -2 penalty for this treachery.
The Lost Palantir of Annúminas. During their voyages, Alatar and Pallando traveled to the far North to the Icebay of Forochel, and found there the shipwreck of Arvedui, the Last King of Arnor. There they uncovered two of The Lost Palantri. The Annúminas seeing stone allows its master, once per game to attain priority. He must declare prior to any dice being rolled.
Ragnarok. A Dwarven Blade of Mithril, plundered from the Iron Hills. Alatar's Strength stat is increased by 1 when he uses this sword.

Magical Powers
Terrifying Aura 2+
Cast Blinding Light 2+
Sorcerer's Blast 12" 5+
Call Winds 12" 2+
Nature's Wrath 6" 5+

F S D A W C M/W/F
5/- 4 5 1 3 7 3/6*/3

Pallando carries his staff (two-handed weapon) and wears a cloak of deepest blue. At additional cost Pallando may be given:

Special Rules
Wise Fool. See Alatar
The Lost Palantir of Amon Sul During their voyages, Alatar and Pallando traveled to the far North to the Icebay of Forochel, and found there the shipwreck of Arvedui, the Last King of Arnor. There they uncovered two of The Lost Palantri. The Amon Sul seeing stone allows its master the mightiest gift of foresight. If a friendly model within 6" of Pallando is wounded, roll 1D6. On a 5+, the model suffers no wound. Affected friendly models may also use fate as usual.

Magical Powers
Terrifying Aura 2+
Renew 6" 3+
Strengthen Will 12" 4+
Sap Will 12" 5+
"Make Haste!" 6" 5+ Cast at the start of the move phase. Friendly models within earshot are filled with zeal for battle. All allies 6" from the caster may move and additional 2" in the move phase. They are not required to end their movement within 6" of the caster. Affected models may not take part in any heroic moves this turn.

I think these guys have already got a profile, in the AoK supplement. As well does Ellesars son

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:24 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Raggbur wrote:
Mor-galad of Greenwood wrote:

Alatar, The Radiant One
F S D A W C M/W/F
5/- 4 5 1 3 7 3/6*/3

Wargear

Special Rules
Ragnarok. A Dwarven Blade of Mithril, plundered from the Iron Hills. Alatar's Strength stat is increased by 1 when he uses this sword.

Magical Powers
Terrifying Aura 2+
Cast Blinding Light 2+
Sorcerer's Blast 12" 5+
Call Winds 12" 2+
Nature's Wrath 6" 5+

F S D A W C M/W/F
5/- 4 5 1 3 7 3/6*/3

Special Rules
Wise Fool. See Alatar

Magical Powers
Terrifying Aura 2+
Renew 6" 3+
Strengthen Will 12" 4+
Sap Will 12" 5+

I think these guys have already got a profile, in the AoK supplement. As well does Ellesars son

Yes, but the Age of Kings is unofficial.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:34 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Yes, I have the AoK fan made book. Those profiles are for the evil side. I wanted to (be able to) use all five wizards together.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:41 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

O, you mean you use them as good prof.'s oooh. Yes, then it's good idea. But the 'Wise Fool' is... A -2 penalty is maybe to much. and Alatars: 'The Lost Palantir of Amon Sul' is maybe to powerful

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:31 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

I really like those Alatar and Pallando profiles!

Very good, and definitely keeping in character with the other 3 wizards, and the new spell Make Haste! is a neat idea. All around nice work, I especially like the two palantiri that you added, although for the palantir of Amon Sul I might drop either the save to 6+ or the range to 3", since it's very good at the moment. It is awfully expensive, though, so maybe it's OK.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:07 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

The ability for the Palantir of Amon Sul is lifted directly from the profile for Malbeth the Seer. Malbeth costs 75 pts but also has M/W/F of 1/3/1. I have not play tested these guys yet. I'm waiting on a friend to finish his Mumak so we can play a nice 1000pt game and try stuff out.

The -2 penalty is entirely justified since the Good player would be losing 150 pts with no retribution. The conquering general ought not get a full power wizard but he should be rewarded for the task of killing a wizard. (I imagine that it would be difficult to kill one wizard, let alone these two together.) I thought about adding "your staff is broken" to the penalties that the surviving wizard should suffer as well.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:47 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

My outlandish character. Also I think you guys should include small bios as well that gives a back story just like GW provides for their profiles.

Danneth, Warrior of Gondor(Man)

-F-S-D-A-W-C--M/W/F----???pts
-6-4-7-2--2--4---0-0-6

Bio
Although he appears as just a simple Gondorian soldier, Danneth is quite famous in and around his legion for being the luckiest man alive. Some even say that he is married to lady luck herself. Always Danneth finds a way to come out unscathed from the unlikeliest situation that guarantees certain death. He is also known for his fighting prowess that would rival Borimir's, but there is something more to him than his skill in combat that saves him every time.

Wargear
Danneth carries a sword and shield, and wears heavy armour.

Special Rules
Luck be a Lady: When Danneth's skill in combat fails him there is always some unlikely thing saving him from being slain. Such as the opposing warrior tripping over a rock before delivering the final blow or having his sword deflect off of Danneth's armour and hitting himself back on the head. Every time Danneth successfully saves a wound using his fate point, the enemy who inflicted the wound suffers a S1 hit.

Last edited by Sacrilege83 on Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:39 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

F10 Seems a bit to much imo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:50 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

You're probably right, 6 would be better.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:50 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

I like the Blue Wizards profiles, I also think they should be allowed to be taken into an evil force list as well since their actual alignment is uncertain.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:32 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Sacrilege83 wrote:
I like the Blue Wizards profiles, I also think they should be allowed to be taken into an evil force list as well since their actual alignment is uncertain.

Thanks.
I've finished painting them up but still haven't got a chance to play they yet. :(
Not a bad idea using them as evil profiles. Do you think that they should have different spells tho? (black dart, sap will, etc.)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:21 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Giving them two different profiles based on which alignment they are would work just like Saruman. I just wouldn't do it because I would get the profiles mixed up in my head and confuse the rules that are used for evil and use them while I'm playing good.