All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 4:23 pm

Post subject: New Minis, epics, monsters?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:06 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

I keep receiving emails regularly from GW telling me about new Warhammer figures, but apart from that Cave Drake (i think) no new companies or epic heroes or monsters for a long time for WoTR. A bit worrying really.

What would you like to see GW produce for WoTR?

Post subject: Re: New Minis, epics, monsters?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:31 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

This a very popular topic...

I've said it before, but I'd love a plastic Fiefdoms set with eight Knights of Dol Amroth (on foot), eight Axemen of Lossarnach, and eight Clansmen of Lamedon.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:02 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

General Elessar wrote:
This a very popular topic...

I've said it before, but I'd love a plastic Fiefdoms set with eight Knights of Dol Amroth (on foot), eight Axemen of Lossarnach, and eight Clansmen of Lamedon.

I'd like to see them develop the Hobbits a bit more. 4 figures for £8.20 is a bit much to create a sizable army and i'd like them in boxes of 24 plastic figures like everything else. Also it seems to me The Shire is big enough for the Hobbits to have, if not a standing army, a more organised and equipped militia than is currently available beyond the Sherriffs. At present they are unarmoured civilians with axes. Epic Heroes would be obviously Frodo, Sam, Pippin and Merry (at the end of the War of the Ring when they were fairly tough). Ents, Tom Bombadil, Goldberry and Huorns might also be added to the realm since The Old Forest is practically a part of The Shire. We've already got Farmer Maggot and his dogs, maybe War Dogs could be a Hobbit speciality? 8). Gandalf and Aragorn are obvious allies.

I saw someone's army list, Defenders of The Shire, but they were Aragorn, Haldir and all Elves. It's a shame the Hobbits can't defend themselves.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:35 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

I believe they will come out with a box to represent barbarians of Carn Dum and Dunlendings. it is a no brainer that will make that plastic box sell fast. Other than that I see them releasing new high elves and Dol Amroth in plastic. They really need to make plastics elves other than Galahdrim to represent high elves as a common formation and as a rare formation ( cohort ). If they ever release a starter set for WoTR I think it will include those plastic Dol Amroth in a Gondor vs Mordor box. Or, in the outside hope of getting to the Last Alliance type of setting a high elves vs Mordor with new elves.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:12 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

you can use hobbits as a seperate army in special scenarious, but i agree they should make plastic hobbits and make the forgotten kingdoms into an army of its own right (or at least the hobbits and ents 1 together and leave the others where they are). i would also like to see some proper men of dale plastics out with the hobbit release (film)!!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:19 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

hobbitsrule22 wrote:
you can use hobbits as a seperate army in special scenarious, but i agree they should make plastic hobbits and make the forgotten kingdoms into an army of its own right (or at least the hobbits and ents 1 together and leave the others where they are). i would also like to see some proper men of dale plastics out with the hobbit release (film)!!

Men of Dale, Bardings. Good idea. :yay: How about some were-bears, Beornings, as monsters as well?

I suppose there's nothing stopping anyone creating a scratch built Army of Dale, maybe using Rangers and Arnorians. I think they should belong to the realm of Arnor and Gondor as well and then they can be used alongside WoMT and not as allies.

Hmm, i'll make that my next project.

Another thing that annoys me is that in a game where every company is 8 figures, why do they insist on releasing figures in groups of three? I know it's so they can be used with the Strategy game, but why not 4, or 2? The whole thing just doesn't feel thought through and needs to change quickly. I'd buy boxes of Galadrims if they came in x16 plastic like everything else, as it is i'll just use my existing High Elf regiments.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:35 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Morgoth's Dad wrote:
I suppose there's nothing stopping anyone creating a scratch built Army of Dale, maybe using Rangers and Arnorians.

Is "Arnorians" a genuine term? :-D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:58 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

General Elessar wrote:
Morgoth's Dad wrote:
I suppose there's nothing stopping anyone creating a scratch built Army of Dale, maybe using Rangers and Arnorians.

Is "Arnorians" a genuine term? :-D

I would think so, for the people of Arnor. As Gondorians is to Gondor. I'd prefer it to Arnorites.

Just googled it and it seems widely used 8)