All times are UTC

It is currently Wed Oct 09, 2024 3:16 pm

Post subject: Beginnig a Feifdoms list
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:59 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

hey all!!
I recently purchased one of those lovely boxes of SKoDA and the Prince Imrahil blister :) and excellent models i have to say. After this I then got hooked on the idea of making a Fiefdoms list. Only thing is... ive never seen them in action before :shock:

Would someone be helpful enough to give me a run down of the pros and cons? :) I want to try to get away from the average "create a shield wall and run in that direction" army, but is it possible to do this with a fiefdoms list? I was wondering about adding those Blackroot Vale archers with duinhir into the mix to make it more skirmish-y if possible.

any help would be great!
thanks.

Post subject: Re: Beginnig a Feifdoms list
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:49 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Nice to see another fiefdoms player ready for action :).

As a warning and you might know, if you're not ready to spend a lot of money on the army (all the army is composed of metal blisters except for the mounted knights), then stop here. If you are, great! Read on :)

Fiefdoms are very versatile. Shield wall charges with SKoDA at the front backed up by rangers with spears or axemen of lossanarch work or you can go for a pikeblock approach with MaAODA supporting your knights or even a mix. Other popular uses are full-cavalry-elite knight armies with Imrahil which can be very destructive in the right hands but require a cool head and are quite a gamble.

Clansmen I've seen are normally used as counter-flanking or counter-punch units but they are unreliable due to their obligitory 2H weapon rule.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:30 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Yeah basically all metal army except mounted knights and rangers or blackroot vale archers. Though some great looking models. They play very similar to gondor armies (Yes I know they're apart of gondor) but with more variety of troops.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:39 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

thanks spuds!
Yes i realize pretty much the entire fiefdoms list is made of matal blisters :P I know im deffinatly going to have a contingent SKoDA and Imrahil on horse ! It looks quite devastating, at least on paper :-D Im not quite worried about the price of the army, since i was only thinking of 500 pt to 600 pt range, and im not going to be buying them all at once !
By the way, would you or anyone else here know where to find the SBG profile for Duinhir and the BRV archers? Last time i look on the GW site they only had the WOTR profile... Or you could at least tell me if they are any good and if you have used them before :P

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:22 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Blackroot vale aren't any good. They cost the same as regular rangers but have one less fight and courage but have a special rule that allows them to re-roll when shooting at monster. I think Duinhir has a maxed out version of the same special rule.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:11 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

ah... well thanks for clearing that up :)
i think i just may keep up with the SKoDA and have a good cavalry force with Imrahil and pick up some MAAoDA and some clansmen soon! I might grab some SKoDA on foot if i can get over the cone shaped things they have on their heads...

thanks for the help :-D