All times are UTC

It is currently Thu Oct 10, 2024 9:25 pm

Post subject: Question about Fight Value
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:02 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

This will sound like the dumbest question to ask (and it probably is), but the One Ring Rulebook wasn't clear....when resolving a fight, do i add the dice roll to the Fight value of the model, or not????

Example: A Moria Goblin (Fight value of 2) attacks Eomer (Fight value of 5). The goblin rolls a 2 and Eomer rolls a 1. Now do i add the dice rolls to the respective Fight values (i.e. the goblin has a 4 and Eomer a 6, so Eomer wins) or just use the dice roles, so the goblin wins.

I KNOW!!!! a noob question...... the only reason i ask is because the One Ring Rulebook uses a Warrior of Minas Tirith and an Orc as the example (both have Fight value of 3). and says that in case of a tie in dice rolls....use the highest Fight value (which, considering the fact that both had a fight value of 3, i assumed they meant a fight between unequal models (like my example). Of course this would mean that the more expensive models with high fight values are not as valuable. So i am leaning more to the end result of Eomer winning..(which btw the way is great, cuz Eomer is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!) :-D
 Post subject: Re: Question about Fight Value
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:10 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

No, fight value is only a tie-breaker. If the orc rolls higher, he wins (though Eomer could use Might to alter his result if he has any points left). It doesn't seem like much, but it does add up over the course of the game. Like most of the rules in this game, it's simple and subtle but effective.
 Post subject: Re: Question about Fight Value
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:25 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

ok thanks!!!!!