All times are UTC

It is currently Mon Sep 30, 2024 5:23 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: new finecast coming soon!!!
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:15 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Quote:
One rumor I heard was that the new Warhammer Army books are the last ones they are going to write because they want to focus on the models and stop writing the rules. Might be part of the reason they are only in hard cover, of course they may also be doing it to charge more $$$.

They are trying to cut cost! Labor is usually the largest cost.Development is expensive. They sell figures rather than rules.After all who can tell me the last time the rules for Monopoly changed.There are people in my game group that are still mad they changed the second addition. They need to come out with anew tournament addition every year and promote the game in white Dwarf.
I think they are trying to do that. I am going to use the current WD as example. It is a must have if you want to play the new ship game. However, they kept it secret. So no body knew the game was coming. No one will get it. No one will notice and no one will care. They have just managed to make more people angry.I mean the people that buy the game or want it later when they can not get it any more. That seems to be what they are best at.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:54 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Oldman Willow wrote:
After all who can tell me the last time the rules for Monopoly changed.

I don't know when the last time the core rules changed, but I do know that they have been pumping out loads of Monopoly variants and spinoffs for a while because no one is buying the basic game because everyone has it already, and they want to keep making money off the brand. Same with Risk, Clue, Sorry and so on. If they don't do something new, people stop buying it and the brand looses value. (although I believe that all 3 of those other games HAVE had changes to the rules in recent years. I know Risk and clue have.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:42 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

You know Monopoly is a greek word meaning " Something that is selled only to one person" :wink:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:31 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

What's your point?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:21 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Friendly trivia me thinks :)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:36 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

I think GW wont relase new rulebook until the Hobbit movie. But after that something will come, Im sure, because of the new characers. The question is that new rulebook will be a WOTR 2, or an SBG 2, both, or a completly new rulebook.
I think they wont create a new book, just an SBG 2.0. And what about the WOTR? There are so many oppinion, how should that rules change. I also dont think they will relase 2 new rulebook.

If I think it again, Im not sure I will happy, when they relase a new rulebook. Through the years I collect them cheap from others, I dont want to throw them away.

About the figure relases I dont belive anything. They will probably relase a few very expensive finecast hero, and thats all. After the Hobbit movies we will probably get some new boxes of armies.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:49 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

What I think they will do after the Hobbit, is release a new starter set, probably Bilbo and the Dwarves battling...wait for it...wait for it....GOBLINS! Because we haven't seen them in 2 starter sets already...

SBG will probably get a new rulebook with rules clarifications and the FAQs integrated; they'll jack up the price on the rulebook and the starter set. There may be a new journeybook to follow the Hobbit, with a splash release (1 run only) of box sets, and a couple of new characters (Beorn comes to mind). They may release a new WoTR rulebook, but I can also see them releasing a "Five Armies" supplement for WoTR. There may be a few other models, but honestly, I don't see it getting even half the attention or fanfare that a new edition of Warhammer or 40k would get.

GW will treat it as they have always treated it - as something they HAVE to do, but not something they care all that much about or are interested in. Most of the staff that I knew only had a LoTR army because they had to build one for a staff event, and when I was first getting into GW gaming, I was all but directly told to ignore LoTR. :roll:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:56 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I think if LotR was something GW wanted to ignore they wouldn't have bothered with renewing the licence. LotR made them Devlan Mud loads of money when the films came out, I'm sure they intend to make lots more over the next couple of years.

My bet is that seeing as there are two films, 1 will climax with Gandalf+ council pounding on the Necromancer while the second will end with the Battle of 5 Armies.
Which would lead me to think that there will be a new SBG rulebook/box set first followed by a WotR book/box set- both tying in with the films.
Normally with GW the rulebook comes out in July with the box game in September (Island of Blood and AoBR both did this). So next July will see an SBG rulebook...
Maybe :D

And I don't think there's any 'probably' about either system getting a rulebook- rulebooks sell miniatures, that's why they're made in the first place.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:36 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

I agree, I think GW learned the importance of riding the bubble for as much as they can before it bursts. GW will jump on the Hobbit with everything it has.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:20 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

i believe also a new rulebook will come out for both games of Lotr 8)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:39 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

me 2 not interested. i myself hate finecast very much heck iv even done a recent post on it, however a finecast dragon is very interesting, so interesting i would buy one. the model is buff and large enough not to snapp like other smaller finecast stuff. i would probs get like 2 dragons and convet one to make it look different. any way how do we know all this about the finecast, late october is here already and i want that dragon. although war in the north is coming out soon so I guess thats somthing to get my mind of the dragon. yay for war in the nor

ps. i still would greatly appreciate it if someone had some actual proof or at least some information on the new finecast thanks

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:44 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

@IM A ENT You don know that War in the North has absolutleyu nothing to do with GW, and they would literally NEVER be influencved by it or anything other than the books, films and their own ideas. They don't do ANYTHING in collaborito=ion with these games, so DO NOT expect them to, or you will be VERY dissapointed.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:53 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

GothmogtheWerewolf wrote:
@IM A ENT You don know that War in the North has absolutleyu nothing to do with GW, and they would literally NEVER be influencved by it or anything other than the books, films and their own ideas. They don't do ANYTHING in collaborito=ion with these games, so DO NOT expect them to, or you will be VERY dissapointed.

I think he meant that if there are no new minis to spend his money and time on, he'll gladly spend them on War in the North. At least, that's the impression I got.

Elves: 1091pts
Mordor: 2305pts
Isengard: 1762pts
Moria: 1463pts
Evil Men: 381pts
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:21 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

So far as I know, the game's story is going to be part of the LotR canon. I'm not sure, but I heard it was going to be a few months ago.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:23 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

If it is, they might incorporate some characters from the game, if it makes enough money of course.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:24 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Draugluin wrote:
So far as I know, the game's story is going to be part of the LotR canon. I'm not sure, but I heard it was going to be a few months ago.

Just read the descriptions of the three major characters and teh major antagonist and you'll change you're mind. They're so OTT.

They won't incorparate them of course.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:25 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

OTT?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:26 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

over the top

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:29 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Ever seen any of GW made up characters? like Vrasku, Thrydan, the Golden King... The list goes on. So many of GW created characters are OTT, I bet they would love to have new characters to make uber powerful.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:30 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Yes but they love to make up their own. they would make them very overcosted if they used someone ele's ideas.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next