All times are UTC

It is currently Wed Oct 09, 2024 5:26 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bastion's huge Mordor army WIP
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:02 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Mouth of Sauron cause Terror. Is that means that his formation cause Terror :?: And what if someone wants to duel with him, does that hero must take a courage test :?: :sauron:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:04 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Yes the Mouth of Sauron's fromation causes terror as long as he's still in it alive, and they wish to engage his company. Dueling has nothing to do with courage tests, terror has no effect in duels.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:16 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

If I attack a formation with Mouth, then the enemy must pass the C. test or not?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:20 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

If you are charging, then yes, all the time.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:49 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Yay!! Your Wargs don't have nasty gashes in their necks!
It bothers me when such a great painter forgets the little things like gap-filling that ruins the piece.
Great work!

Current Project: Ringwraiths - Haradrim - Mumakil
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:00 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Indeed, I also hate that. I used GS, but next time I will use probalby liquid GS, thats easyer.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:47 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

GothmogtheWerewolf wrote:
Yes the Mouth of Sauron's fromation causes terror as long as he's still in it alive, and they wish to engage his company. Dueling has nothing to do with courage tests, terror has no effect in duels.

I understood that Terror makes the formation F0 (when failed of course), therefore makes any hero in the formation F0, therefore makes it not a very good idea to duel, unless you have ES, which will raise it up to 10.

:puppy:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:23 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Yeah. But if you call a duel, and the opponent call an ES, then you have to throw a dice to see whose action will be first. Its important, cause there is the chance, that the you play duel before the ES, and then you can beat the enemy.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:42 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Bastion.HUN wrote:
Yeah. But if you call a duel, and the opponent call an ES, then you have to throw a dice to see whose action will be first. Its important, cause there is the chance, that the you play duel before the ES, and then you can beat the enemy.

No, that is not how ES and HD interact, if you call a duel and your oppant calls ES, then the duel happens and your opponants hero gets ES. Why do you think Ringwraiths surive. The duel never happens before ES.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:01 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

These simple conversions and weapon changes make the whole army look stunning and really fresh. Awesome work!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:05 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

samoht wrote:
These simple conversions and weapon changes make the whole army look stunning and really fresh. Awesome work!

Thanks! Two months later I shall continue the work on my mordor army. I will paint: orc trackers, all the ringwraiths, fell beast, another troll, twilight ringwraiths, Sauron and 2 ballista.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:37 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

GothmogtheWerewolf wrote:
Bastion.HUN wrote:

No, that is not how ES and HD interact, if you call a duel and your oppant calls ES, then the duel happens and your opponants hero gets ES. Why do you think Ringwraiths surive. The duel never happens before ES.

My friend, SG, who is an expert in the rules, find us the answer. Gothmog, you are wrong.

Page 66, pharahgaph 4: If both players wish to make Heroic actions, roll a dice to randomly determine which side has the first pick...
Page 69, pharagraph 2:Epic actions are treated like heroic actions!

Epic actions dont have higher piority against the usuall heroic actions. :no: :yay: :yay: :yay:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:11 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

No no no. Because Epic Strike doesn't work like that. Ask ForgottenLore, if a hero calls Epic Strike and he takes part in a duel, ES does work for him because ES works in duels. Timing is nnot an issue for ES. Again, I say ask ForgottenLore, there is no D6 off for ES as it never goes before or after heroic duel, it goes at the 'same time'.

Lets take an example of Radagast in one formation and Gothmog in the other. 1st lets assume Gothmog calls ES and HD, he then duels Radagst at F10, 2nd lets assume Radagast calls a HD and Gothmog calls ES, Gothmog still has F10 to duel Radagast. ES is not like other Epic Actions. Yet again, I ask you to ask ForgottenLore.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:44 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Epic strike is also usefull at the fight phase, not just at the duel.
I still disagrea.
If I want to beat a hero, but he has epic strike, I think I wont start any duel, cause I know that this is almost impossible. Think about it.

You say that ES is not like any other epic action. Well, if you read its definition, it doesnt say any special.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:01 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Out of all the people on One Ring, and all those in real life, you are the only erson who seems to think that. ES does work like automatically in duels, ES is most useful in a duel, in fact that is the ONLY reason they dominate lists. Your 'expert' if he really knows the rules must be using a houserule to balance ES (which when RAW is unbalanced) and not telling you. It's description soen't say anything special but its wording AND the FAQ make it obvious. The only ways to neutralise an ES hero are to call herioc fight/epic cowardice/ epic strie yourself, or have a Shade (which is the only thing that completely overrides it) The thing is its not as simple as if they have ES just don't call a duel, becuase unless they ar a RW, then they will call both ES and HD tio beat you at F10. Noone call ES anymore just to gain more attacks, the only reason is because of the duels. I don't know where you seem to be getting your information about ES from because it is wrong.

I will say this again, ES works in duels. End of. To b precise about timing (as ForgottenLore is) Heroic actions are called at the start of the phase, and Epic actions when it is the formations turn to act. ES lasts for the duration of the fight phase from the moment it is called when his formation is about to act. Thhere is no way to counter the actual ES except to use a Shade, because every other modifier happens before ES is called and so ES overrides it. If you want to beat an ES hero and your hero doesn't have ES or base ft 10, its the duel part you have to counter, either by Heroic Fight or Heroic Cowardice, because THEN there is a D6 off, but ES has no D6 off as it works along side other actions. Its not the only one like that eg Epic Rampage would always happen after a duel takes place and also has no D6 off.

Either put this question into the Official Rules Questions, or I will, end then we'll see that I am right. I have nothing against you personally, but in this case, you are wrong.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:24 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Well, your argument looks intresting, but the pharagraps, I showed you before still declare my truth.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:49 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

No they do not prove you are right, you are paraphrasing, and doing so incorrectly. I will tackle each one individually.

Page 66, paragraph 4: "If both players wish to make Heroic actions, roll a dice to randomly determine which side has the first pick..."

That clearly says the if both people wish to declare heroic actions, they randomly declatre who has first pick (as ForgottenLore has told me in the Gothmog thread), not they randomly declare who goes first. In otherwords, the D6 decides who gets to choose their action first, not who gets to go first. (and in the case of Epic Strike this does not matter, as his fight is increased to 10 from before he fights until after he fights) Epic Strike lasts the entire phase: pg 69 "his fight value is increased to 10 until the end of the phase".

Page 69, paragraph 2: "Epic actions are treated like heroic actions..."

You've missed the important part, it says later in the same paragraph; "Epic actions do not always have to b declared at te start of the phase, but are called when the Hero's formation is due to act" This clearly shows that some Epic actions are declared at different times to others, and that they are not excatly the same as Heroic actions.

The paragraph on Epic Strike in it;s entirety is as follows;

"If a Hero declares an Epic Strike action before he fights, his Fight value is increased to 10 until the end of the phase."

Where in that does it say that a Hero would have to D6 off to see if Epic Strike applied to a duel. The answer; it does not.

Here is the FAQ ruling of Epic Strike in duels;

"Q. Does an Epic Strike affect the Hero’s fight for both a Heroic duel and the ensuing fight? (p69)
A. Yes – there’s gonna be a whuppin’."

This shows that Epic Strike works in duels, at nowhwere does it involve rolling D6.
And just to further highlight the points , i thought I'd take these two questions here as well;

"Q. If one side calls a Heroic Fight and the other calls a Heroic Duel and the Heroic Fight wins the roll of and goes first, is the Heroic Duel cancelled and the point of Might
spent wasted? (p66)
A. Yes, unless the side calling the Heroic Fight wins and decides to charge back in again.

"Q. Can each Hero or Epic Hero make more than one of each Heroic Action or Epic Action per turn? (p66-69)
A. No. Though they can still make multiple different actions in a turn provided they have enough Might."

NOw, are you still in doubt, or have you cottoned on yet?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:46 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Well, ok.
So the most effective thing against ES is the heroic fight?
But if I want to duel with an ES hero, and I dont have ES, the better choice is not to call a duel right?
If my hero is Mouth of Sauron for example, then it is better to not fight against an ES hero. If he attacks me, I can run from there, or vall a HF.
Hmm, the ES is not fair I think.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:58 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Yes Herouc fight is the most effective thing against Epic Strike. If you want to duel an EShero annd don't have ES then it would be better not to do so.

If someone challenges the MoS to duel. He has 3 optipns. 1. fight and get killed, 2. call heroic fight, hope to win the D6 off. 3. Call Epic cowardice, and hope to win the D6 off.

And no, ES is not fair. It is really unbalanced, and that is why Es heroes are more popular, and why non-ES heroes have to be used carefully. It's not to say don't use them, just be careful.

Good luck with your arrmy, yours is painted very well, and Ihope it wins many a battle. 8)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:58 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Today I wasn in the GW store, cause my order arrived. I bought a twilight ringwraiths. I was really happy, that I will own these 3 amazign figure, and meanwhile I can make a special WOTR formation too.
Well, I cant.
Cause tha pack only contains one random figure.
The lucky thing, that I got the first one from the picture. He is the one who just try to reached Frodo. Well, in the future I guess I will try to convert to more figure into Twilights. The question is which are good for this. Im sure that I wont buy another blister.

You are cruel, GW!
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next