All times are UTC

It is currently Mon Sep 30, 2024 5:33 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: new finecast coming soon!!!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:20 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Well while were all off topic i may as well join :D

War in the North has the three characters right (we all know that) but what I found stupid is that you must be those characters, the elf warrior is a girl. I DONT want to play as an elf woman. I cant relate to an elf in the first place let only and elf woman, that for me was a silly move to make it that you cant choose the sex of your character. anyways some 1 should post a War In The North thread so we dont get carried away on a finecast post haha.

finecast dragon, finecast dragon I want a finecast dragon.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:52 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

^You want a Finecast Dragon so it can go up in price by 25%???

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:58 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

I don't think finecast would work well on a bulky model like a dragon. I feel that parts of it would fall off of it or something. I have Saruman and the top of his staff broke off pretty easily.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:44 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Sacrilege83 wrote:
^You want a Finecast Dragon so it can go up in price by 25%???

Probably because it would be easier to assemble. he may find a metal one too daunting what with all the pinning and such.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:15 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Draugluin wrote:
I don't think finecast would work well on a bulky model like a dragon. I feel that parts of it would fall off of it or something. I have Saruman and the top of his staff broke off pretty easily.

The finecast Cockatrice and Shaggoth work well in Fantasy- large, bulky models seem to be even better in finecast. They don't need pinning and there are less thin parts to snap. A guy in my local store assembled a Shaggoth and purposely dropped it to see how it would do- it just bounced!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:03 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

I think the large models will be better in finecast.. Have you ever tried to pin the metal wings on Gulavhar ? absolute nightmare believe me!!!!! The small single miniatures yeh well .... leave them alone they were fine in metal / plastic

More of my work at

www.ShadowandFlame.co.uk
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:13 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Dead Marsh Spectre wrote:
I think the large models will be better in finecast.. Have you ever tried to pin the metal wings on Gulavhar ? absolute nightmare believe me!!!!! The small single miniatures yeh well .... leave them alone they were fine in metal / plastic

Strange you should mention metal Gulavhar. Many years ago, I didn't bother pinning it so obviously the wings broke off (its stupid that the wings weight a lot more than the body!) so I recently repaired him and pinned it, but it took a lot of work, after Shelob, he was longest (sorry agin but why make the wings heavier than the body).

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:34 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

GothmogtheWerewolf wrote:

Strange you should mention metal Gulavhar. Many years ago, I didn't bother pinning it so obviously the wings broke off (its stupid that the wings weight a lot more than the body!) so I recently repaired him and pinned it, but it took a lot of work, after Shelob, he was longest (sorry agin but why make the wings heavier than the body).

tell me about it mate .... I got that stressed with my metal Gulavhar that...... well errr I threw it out of the window and then binned it. I have a finecast one now ( still unmade and unpainted) ..... not my best move but hey

More of my work at

www.ShadowandFlame.co.uk
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:38 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

GothmogtheWerewolf wrote:

tell me about it mate .... I got that stressed with my metal Gulavhar that...... well errr I threw it out of the window and then binned it. I have a finecast one now ( still unmade and unpainted) ..... not my best move but hey

LOL, so now you've payed at least £48 for Gulavhar. You're such a good painter that it will turn out fine. If I had to do Gulavhar again I would get FC too, as those wings are ridiculous, I don't know how they expected it to work.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:31 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

100% agree. I dont think finecast works well for smaller models, we have all had staffs, spears swords etc break off, but for larger models where it is less likey for that to happen then ok finecast is good. Lets not get all get too cocky with large metal monsters i understand that many off you are confident with them, but I think you would all still prefer to clean the flashing and mold lines off and simply glue the model without any frustrating pinning, am i right?

ps I would pay 25% extra for a model that will be 100% easier to build.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:47 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

I agree, finecast is good for large models (i hated assembling large metal trolls)
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:46 am 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Sticky Fingersss wrote:
I agree, finecast is good for large models (i hated assembling large metal trolls)

why, the metal trolls were some of the easiest metal ones especiallly the chieftain (no pinning needed on chftn)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:19 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

I pin everything. It adds the support and makes it so the model is extra sturdy. And all you need is a little hand drill and some brass wire. Takes all of 3 min. per pin. Well worth the effort for the added support.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:20 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Quote:
why, the metal trolls were some of the easiest metal ones especiallly the chieftain (no pinning needed on chftn)

I disagree, maybe comparing to other metal monsters they may be easier, but they were still a rather pain to do so.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:56 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I pinned my troll cheiftan that thing is very solid. spent 3 hours getting evryhting right and being pateint and from memory i didnt have any dramas. still the finecast one looks good. the problem is i want a MM army, i asked a gw manager if finecast drakes and dragons will come out he reakens they will eventualy but when he didnt know when. he said maybe not for a long time since they arent bought very often so there no point :( so if anyone evers gets any info on more finecast things pls post it or give me PM becasue I have the problem of starting a MM army and then 2 months later all this cool finecast stuff comes out and i alreayd have dragons and drakes, gosh that would be frustrating.

so yer any info let me know i would appreciate it 8)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:37 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

]
Sticky Fingersss wrote:
Quote:

I disagree, maybe comparing to other metal monsters they may be easier, but they were still a rather pain to do so.

Mine was pretty easy, the chieftain had pin slots already in arms and legd, and all the trolls were pretty easy, a little time consuming, but hardly a pain.

IsleStaggerholm wrote:
I pin everything. It adds the support and makes it so the model is extra sturdy. And all you need is a little hand drill and some brass wire. Takes all of 3 min. per pin. Well worth the effort for the added support.

3 minutes! You must be joking! It takes at least 5 minutes to do the drilling on one side, with my drill, another 5 for the other side, so thats about 10 mins per pin.

IM A ENT!!! wrote:
I pinned my troll cheiftan that thing is very solid. spent 3 hours getting evryhting right and being pateint and from memory i didnt have any dramas. still the finecast one looks good. the problem is i want a MM army, i asked a gw manager if finecast drakes and dragons will come out he reakens they will eventualy but when he didnt know when. he said maybe not for a long time since they arent bought very often so there no point :( so if anyone evers gets any info on more finecast things pls post it or give me PM becasue I have the problem of starting a MM army and then 2 months later all this cool finecast stuff comes out and i alreayd have dragons and drakes, gosh that would be frustrating.

so yer any info let me know i would appreciate it 8)

It is rumoured that the dragon will be relesaed in finecast by the end of the month, but no word on the drake.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:10 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Buy a small little dremmel, it will speed the drilling up!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:03 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

I built the metal Dragon when it came out, went together really well, used it in various games with no damage, its nice and heavy to handle and feels a quality model! Long live metal!!!! :yay:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:16 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Quote:
It is rumoured that the dragon will be relesaed in finecast by the end of the month, but no word on the drake.
[/quote]

OHHH realy I very much hope so, still wont get my hopes up too much. How did you hear of this gothmog?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:54 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

On this site actually,I can't remember exactky which thread, but it said the rumoured Finecast that will be released October/November (we can obviously count out October) and would include Dragon, Vault Wardens, the Witch-king, Avanger Bolt thrower, Isengard Ballista.

If anyone else can povide the link, please do.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next