All times are UTC

It is currently Thu Oct 10, 2024 10:37 pm

Post subject: Re: good and evil army for tournement.would like feedback
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:43 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

I'm pretty sure GT use the WYSIWYG rule ie you would have to use FC models and find extra shields from somewhere, perhaps the plastic knights boxset (or cast your own..)

Interested to hear about the shade/drum combo!

Shadowlord + anything combo must be pretty decent! Protection from bowfire until combat and then spells galore! Is Gulavhar allowed these days?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:52 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Well I'm pretty sure the rule is that if the model exists then you have to use it, but if the model doesn't exist then you can convert any other model to be it (as long as the end result is recognisably the picked model), hence if you pick Prowlers with two-handed weapon you have to use the models that GW released but if you pick Prowlers with bow then all you have to do is sculpt a hood on to a regular goblin archer.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:18 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Given what you're saying I can claim that Elves with Spears and Bows don't exist, hence I'm gonna use Goblins to represent them. In addition there are no models to represent High Elves with Hand Weapon and shield (there's only Blade version or Spear and Shield), so I'm gonna use Gondorians because they carry the same equipment. Therefore my army is gonna be: Front Line Warriors of MT, 2nd line Goblins with Spears and Bows, then I'll take a bunch of Hobbit militia to represent Elves without any additional equipment. Yes, that's perfectly reasonable.

Oh wait, that doesn't make sense. No tournament works like that, it's just silly. Models for Fountain Guards exist and it's not a problem getting shields from plastic card or other models.

Boromir6991 wrote:
I completely agree about fc but i have one major problem,i cant aford them . I can see your point with prowlers and obviously you are alot more experienced than me but i alread bought the bs and i have neither the time or models to make them. Also o like the idea of a shade/bs drum,how would you recommend incorporating them

Fair enough.

It's hard to include Shade, Drum AND a proper Champion. How comfortable are you with using Durburz as a champion, supported by 2 wraiths and shade? I think it's a relatively safe idea to take something like:

Durburz
Shadow Lord
Dark Marshal (for the drum's banner effect and extra magic)
Shade
16 Blackshields
16 Goblins with Spears
16 Goblins with Bows (12 spears)

You have 52 models, which is reasonable given that the Good meta I'm expecting isn't going to be reaching over 60 very often. You also have a super strong front line with most of the models on 3 attacks and effective higher fight value. 2 anti-heroes + shade. Durburz is reasonably good at contest with that amount of support.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:55 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Thats looks like a solid list ill play with it and see if i need to make any changes. Thanks :-D e
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:02 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Blackimst: I meant within reason! I meant that you could use a model as long as you had converted it to clearly be the picked model. Thus in this case he would have to use Gondorian models and convert them to have shields and spears and to look unmistakably like Fountain Guard armed with shield.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:02 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Ok, tried your evil army and i feel shade is a bit of a point sink and think that more troops would be better and so have modified it.

Durbuz 60
SL 120
DM 120
23 gb 161
23 goblins spear 115
23 goblins bow/9 spear 124

6 might,72 models
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:14 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Cool, looks pretty sturdy.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:32 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

As a start-off, I don't know GT rules, nor do I know when, so if either of those makes my post obsolete, then my apologies beforehand. That being said...

Personally, I've always found goblins difficult to use in the SBG. Not in WoTR, just SBG. But, that being said, my remedy for the current situation would be the following-

Durburz 60 (Decent combat hero- much better for the fact that he'll keep your army in place when it has been Broken.)
Shadow Lord 120 (Keeps your goblins from emulating porcupines, quite capable with transfix.)
Two Ringwraiths M0/W7/F2- 130 (Fate helps save you from Legolas- but if he wasn't there I wouldn't have it. The reason for two of them is so you can transfix anyone short of Glorfindel in nearly one turn. Two at most. Okay, Treebeard could be a problem. But not for long.)
22 gb 154
23 goblins w/ spear 115
22 goblins w/bow/ 9 spear 119

5 Might, 71 Models, 3 transfixes

Use the goblins like you always do, have the wraiths take down targets of opportunity, and watch most powerful heroes vanish under a wave of goblins. Or hide at the back of their own army.