All times are UTC

It is currently Mon Sep 30, 2024 9:38 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: New Finecast Releases for August
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:27 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Bad news but not a surprise. I was interested in getting Treebeard and Erkenbrand at some stage but I won't order now in case I get a finecast product, which I'm not prepared to buy. It's just a relief that all the major characters have had a metal version as it would be annoying to miss out on a significant character because of finecast. I won't buy on principle as it seems to me you have to pay more for a poorer product.

Thank god for ebay.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:57 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

CaptainOfTheWhiteTower wrote:
I was interested in getting Treebeard and Erkenbrand at some stage but I won't order now in case I get a fine cast product...

You won't, they won't be slipstreaming the new ones in, that's not how they do things. The fine cast models are new products, and not even available yet. So if you want the metals, now's the time.

I wonder if GW's scratching their heads over the sudden surge of orders... :)
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:29 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

FYI I have confirmation that there are no more guards of the galadrim court.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:25 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Still available in the UK of course.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:17 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Jobu wrote:
FYI I have confirmation that there are no more guards of the galadrim court.

Yes, I just got my notice from GW. So, I bought 2 blisters, and then filled out the rest of the order with stuff I'd been meaning to get eventually, but really don't need right now, to benefit from free shipping...and what I get is to spend money on stuff I don't want.

Here's the thing: I bought in good faith because their website said "ships in 24 hours". If it had said "Obsolete", I wouldn't have tried to buy them. They should have asked for my approval before shipping, that's what Amazon does. I'm tempted to send it all back and make them eat the cost of their cheesy business practices.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:42 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

GothmogtheWerewolf wrote:

LoL, it says that on the us site as well, but gw sent me an email about my order. Have to love how accurate their ship date turns out to be.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:14 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Love it or hate it Finecast is here....

“It’s like the difference in quality between VHS and DVD” is how the improved detail of Finecast over metal was marketed to me in the approach before it’s release. Ummmmmmm not sure about that sunshine....

Also I heard the cost to produce the minis would decrease due to the material they would be using, in reality it’s the reverse Finecast price have escalated at an amazing rate against the metal equivalents. If the prices had dropped the hassle to achieve a perfect blister of castings wouldn’t be so painful.

I have always found my local store amazing with returns, they now don’t allow me to leave the shop without being 100% happy with the quality and promise if I get hope and I notice a defect will cleaning, assembling or even undercoating the model I should return it.... “You pay premium price, you should expect a premium product.”

Agreed this only solves the problem but doesn’t fix it...

People I know that are new to the hobby often love Finecast, needs less work to assemble the larger models (normally just glue and “liquid greenstuff”) and apparently adheres the paint better (haven’t actually painted one yet....) Also an army box full of Finecast is a lot lighter to carry around then a box full of metal.....

Gosh, enough now...

But unfortunately for me I’m out of the DMS camp so I just have to keep giving my constructive feedback to staff (separate packs of metal spears and pikes for the serious gamers would be good) and adapt to the new material.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:44 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Jobu wrote:

LoL, it says that on the us site as well, but gw sent me an email about my order. Have to love how accurate their ship date turns out to be.

I ordered some Blackshields and BNs the day after you said you'd ordered the Guards, and they're still coming, and in metal. I would guess it's the same for the rest of the Uk like it was last time, when i ordered that box of Easterlings, the very evening that they put the half boxes onto their site, and i still managed to get a box of 20, although it arrived a week later, after they were no longer available.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:30 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Jobu wrote:

I ordered some Blackshields and BNs the day after you said you'd ordered the Guards, and they're still coming, and in metal. I would guess it's the same for the rest of the Uk like it was last time, when i ordered that box of Easterlings, the very evening that they put the half boxes onto their site, and i still managed to get a box of 20, although it arrived a week later, after they were no longer available.

The Guards were the only thing that were not available, every thing else is coming. Pretty buggered about the lack of inventory tracking by GW in this modern age. The GotGC were the things I wanted most since I do not have any.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:33 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

apparently my galadhrim court have been shipped. Do hope so lol.

Mid Sussex Wargamers
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:09 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

The US has a different factory to the UK, there may still be some left.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:58 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I just ordered 2 blister of GotGC and 2 of GotFC, aswell as Rumil. Ordered at metal price, still says "usually takes 24hrs to ship" and the staff said they should be shipped tomorrow, and delivered in store by next thursday. So according to them, they still have some GotGC :roll:

BUT, and unfortunately I could not get more information on this, as it was actually my sister in the store today, not me, apparently, apart from actually knowing about the finecast releases coming, the staff told my sister that as of Saturday the new finecast will be released, and the metal will be sold off, but then all orders will be the finecast models :shock: The staff also said that if my order doesn't go through by tommorrow (friday) it would be monday when my order is proccessed, meaning that I could very well get the finecast versions of the GotGC and GotFC :shock: They said if that is the case, I would still only be charged the metal price, but I'd still much rather the metals, as pikes and Finecast.... :shock:

As I said, unfortunately I wasn't in the store, and thus could not find out more information about this :( I'll try keep you posted, seeing if the order is confirmed tomorrow. Btw Dezartfox, where did you find that list? :)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:15 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

thewhitehand wrote:
The staff also said that if my order doesn't go through by tommorrow (friday) it would be monday when my order is proccessed, meaning that I could very well get the finecast versions of the GotGC and GotFC

They can't do that with the Guards as they go from packs of 3 to packs of 4.

They might do it with other thing though - might. They did not do this to my Easterlings when they halved the boxes in the afternoon that I bought the old boxes, but they did to Sacrilge with his Dragon.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:39 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

I'm just glad I'm not army building anymore.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:14 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

whafrog wrote:
You won't, they won't be slipstreaming the new ones in, that's not how they do things. The fine cast models are new products, and not even available yet. So if you want the metals, now's the time.

I was convinced that someone on here ordered a metal product just before it switched over to finecast and they were sent a finecast one instead. Perhaps I misunderstood that though. I see that the majority of what I would be interested in is on ebay atm so I'll take my chances that it will be available when I'm actually ready to buy.
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:21 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

CaptainOfTheWhiteTower wrote:
whafrog wrote:

I was convinced that someone on here ordered a metal product just before it switched over to finecast and they were sent a finecast one instead. Perhaps I misunderstood that though. I see that the majority of what I would be interested in is on ebay atm so I'll take my chances that it will be available when I'm actually ready to buy.

Sacrilege83 ordered a Dragon from GW way before the fartcast one was on the cards - they delayed the order for months and he eventually received his dragon in yup you guessed it fartcast. Must say he made a good job of it tho!!

More of my work at

www.ShadowandFlame.co.uk
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:59 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

And he didn't have to pay the extra cost for finecast.

By the way all, now may be your last chance to get a Mordor Siege Bow for years because 2 of the 3 crewmen also come with the catapult and are going into finecast, but te other and the machine are not so, just like the mounted Legolas when they put the foot version in the Fellowship, the Siege Bow will become unavailable full stop for the forseeable future.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:52 am 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

I'll just leave this picture here :-D got another 3 blisters on order which should arrive tomorrow. Metal FTW :D 8)

Mid Sussex Wargamers
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:12 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

And he didn't have to pay the extra cost for finecast.

By the way all, now may be your last chance to get a Mordor Siege Bow for years because 2 of the 3 crewmen also come with the catapult and are going into finecast, but te other and the machine are not so, just like the mounted Legolas when they put the foot version in the Fellowship, the Siege Bow will become unavailable full stop for the forseeable future.

Just gonna throw it out there that I have a mordor siege bow with two crewmen I'd be willing to trade.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:24 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Gosh, I've just picked up this month"s WD and seen that a pack of four Gundsabad Blackshields in Finecst will cost £16, currently they are £8.20 for four in metal, an almost 100% increase in cost.... Go figure, have just ordered 4 blister in metal from GW direct....

Great advert though for The Hobbit game (seen elsewhere on the forum)

J
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next